+ Reply to Thread
Page 622 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 12252257261262062162262362463267272211221622 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 29306

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    One of the best live bands ever, saw them on the Live & Dangerous tour, then again in '79 and '83, losing Phil was a great loss to music.
    Nice. I've never seen them live. Phil was one of the best frontmen ever.

I'm Dan.

Donna Summer - Endless Summer
    CD

Putting the Marantz through their paces quite impressive little things.
    Amplifier & Graphic EQ
    Kenwood A65 with GE 850 Graphic EQ
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

I'm Steve.

I relived a musical treasure today. Glasgow's finest from about 1990, "The Blue Nile".

https://soundcloud.com/rte-radio-1/i...-the-blue-nile

I lost my CDs of "A walk across the rooftops" and "Hats" somewhere along the way.

But this music is extraordinary. It's something to do with silence in music. The fact that Rickie Lee Jones and Peter Gabriel champion it is interesting. They had some silence in their music too.

I cannot recommend lying back and listening to The Blue Nile enough. It will take you somewhere else.

I'm Grant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Struth, much as I love the Eagles, and "Lyin' Eyes" is about as good as it gets. You clearly didn't spend 50 minutes listening to The Blue Nile radio documentary. Since you replied with 30 minutes.

City girls just seem to find out early
    How to open doors with just a smile...
    Rickie Lee Jones has always been a favourite of mine. I know she went crazy. But maybe for the right reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZWRPse9BZ8

At some point we have to get serious about music. These people are telling us something. With Rickie, I always feel her inner stillness. A star.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Struth, much as I love the Eagles, and "Lyin' Eyes" is about as good as it gets. You clearly didn't spend 50 minutes listening to The Blue Nile radio documentary. Since you replied with 30 minutes.

Rickie Lee Jones has always been a favourite of mine. I know she went crazy. But maybe for the right reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZWRPse9BZ8

At some point we have to get serious about music. These people are telling us something. With Rickie, I always feel her inner stillness. A star.

Lol. No, i am not a fan tbh. The book was better... that and the white nile before... lol. Had a few hits i remember though and were popular. I was more blues only in 90,s

ON TO ZZTOP...ELIMINATOR...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Now you talkin', struth.

Jesus just left Chicago is one of my faves:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMjqgIZ1_YM

What are we talkin' bout here, with those old blues guys with the long beards. Just pure Blues. Marvellous.

I'm Grant.

Default Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Some Willie now lol

Sister Boobie playing with Willie...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Now you talkin', struth.

Jesus just left Chicago is one of my faves:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMjqgIZ1_YM

What are we talkin' bout here, with those old blues guys with the long beards. Just pure Blues. Marvellous.
    Used to have a huge blues collection..still got a good few i suppose although ive sold a lot. Country, mississippi, chicago, texas.etc.. anything from albert king to Robert johnston

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Lucifer's Friend , classic hard rock from 1970.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread