+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 2951 FirstFirst ... 2072572973053063073083093173574078071307 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 29504

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Malcolm.

Apple lossless rip.

Technics SL1210 MkII / SME 309 / Timestep PSU / Achromat / Denon DL-304
    Phono stage PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
    Lossless / MP3 / Tidal > Roon > Bryston BDP-1USB > Marantz NA-11S1
    Marantz UD7007 SACD/Blu-ray/DVD-V/DVD-A
    Toshiba BDX1200 Blu-ray player (Zone A & Region 1)
    Audiolab 8200AP pre-amp/processor
    Power amp: Arcam P7
    B&W 804S stereo (bi-amped), HTM4S centre, CDMSNT surrounds (5.0)
    Sennheiser HD 700 headphones
    Panasonic PT-AT6000 projector

I'm Malcolm.

CD
    Not listened to this in years - what a breath of fresh air and fun!

I'm Grant.

180gm vinyl
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

On vinyl

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by m10 View Post

CD
    Not listened to this in years - what a breath of fresh air and fun!
    That looks good.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

First this 180gm from ella f...a lovely album

And now Frankie with

His mood indigo is rather good
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Malcolm.

I saw someone had posted that Ella earlier in this thread, Grant (was it you?) and I was inspired to go out and get it as Ella's Decca years are under-represented in my collection (just that wonderful GRP CD of Ella sings Gershwin and Songs in a Mellow Mood). What a wonderful LP. As it focusses on Ella having fun and the Jazz/scat side of her, I wasn't expecting to be moved. But when she does her Satchmo impersonation toward the end of Basin Street Blues, it's done with such warmth and obvious affection, I found myself in tears. Wonderful LP.

I have a couple of copies of the Sinatra - the 'Alan Dell' 1984 issue (in the big 'Capitol Years' box), the new Universal 180g version (also lovely) and half of the album on an early EMI-pressed 10". Another wonderful LP and, no matter what Beatles and Beach Boys scholars might claim, THIS is where the concept album first flourished.

Speaking of The Beatles, I'm spinning the mono White Album. Stunned by this Denon cartridge.

I'm Malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    That looks good.
    It's a marvellous album, makes me smile and (embarrassingly) sing along. It makes my dad feel close as well, for all the 14 years that may have gone by.

I'm Grant.

Yeah. I know where your at Malcolm. Yes ive probably posted that and plenty other Ella ones.. I have a few 180s of her. She is so relaxed even doing complex stuff that you cant help admiring her incredible abilities. She and Louis were great pals. Funny but i just put my denon 160 on an hr ago
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Malcolm.

I always think the supreme Ella is the songbooks, and you could spend a lifetime listening to them and still there's things to enjoy and (re)discover, but there's so much more to her than that. 'The Intimate Ella/Let No Man Write My Epitaph' is another amazing album - as much as I love Francis Albert he never left himself that musically exposed. I need to explore the later albums she made with Joe Pass, as well.

As I type 'Savoy Truffle' is playing from the White Album, and I'm reminded that Ella recorded a pretty funky version of that on one of her Reprise albums. I love left-field connections like that.

+ Reply to Thread