+ Reply to Thread
Page 2923 of 2957 FirstFirst ... 19232423282328732913292129222923292429252933 ... LastLast
Results 29,221 to 29,230 of 29567

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post

A couple of good ones there Dom.
    Barry

Lone Justice – 'Lone Justice'

Label: Geffen Records – GEFD24060
    Format: CD, Album
    Released: 1985
    Genre: Pop
    Style: Vocal

Picked up in a charity shop. Not bad - typical mid '80s pop, but not outstanding.
    Barry

Gary Numan – 'Savage: Songs From A Broken World'

Label: BMG – 538307882
    Format: CD, Album, Deluxe Edition, Stereo
    Released: September 15, 2017
    Genre: Electronic, Rock
    Style: Alternative Rock

Typical Gary Numan, this time pretending to be some sort of Saharan camel rider in 'bondage' gear. Not bad, but comes in unnecessary 'over the top' packaging of near A5 size, making it hard to file along with his other stuff!
    Barry

Bat For Lashes – 'The Haunted Man'

Label: Parlophone – 5099901730821
    Format: CD, Album
    Released: October 15, 2012
    Genre: Electronic, Rock, Pop
    Style: Indie Rock

Still working out whether I like this or not. Sound very similar to the rest of her output, but lacks the freshness of 'Fur and Gold'. Needs a few more listens.
    Barry

Pink Floyd – 'Animals'

Label: EMI United Kingdom – 7243 8 29748 2 6
    Format: CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered
    Released: 1994
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Alternative Rock, Prog Rock

IMO, one of the weakest of Pink Floyd's output - only played for 'Sheep', which I do like.
    Barry

One for Loz perhaps?

Roger Waters – 'Us + Them'

Label: Columbia – 19439707712, Legacy – 19439707712
    Format: 2 x CD, Album, Stereo
    Released: October 2, 2020
    Style: Art Rock, Prog Rock, Arena Rock

Soundtrack to the film by Sean Evans and Roger Waters. Filmed in Amsterdam during Roger Waters' 2017/18 European tour.

Typical of Waters 'ploughing his own furrow', post Floyd. This live recording lacks the impact of the studio albums, both Floyd and Waters, yet is an interesting listen in its own right.
    Barry

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Here you go Loz, posted from Italy for a paltry 90 quid. Ok it is super rare apparently, but not on your Nellie I say. Sorry Martin, you probably don't get the image as it's off Ebay.

Fantastic!!! I've never seen the CD of that album with the original cover....................... as you say, ssuuupppeeerrrrrrrr RARE
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    One for Loz perhaps?

Soundtrack to the film by Sean Evans and Roger Waters. Filmed in Amsterdam during Roger Waters' 2017/18 European tour.

Typical of Waters 'ploughing his own furrow', post Floyd. This live recording lacks the impact of the studio albums, both Floyd and Waters, yet is an interesting listen in its own right.

VERY APT!!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Steve.

One for Loz perhaps?

I would agree with these observations. Additionally the dimensions of the CD case are stupid and pointless, also the omission of 'Comfortably Numb' which is included with the DVD) is inenexcusable. But as a whole I think it is interestingly different. I only play it when Mrs P is out, where the hooligan in me runs it at at levels where the low frequencies do their best to move the furniture around...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Gary Numan – 'Savage: Songs From A Broken World'

Label: BMG – 538307882
    Format: CD, Album, Deluxe Edition, Stereo
    Released: September 15, 2017
    Genre: Electronic, Rock
    Style: Alternative Rock

Typical Gary Numan, this time pretending to be some sort of Saharan camel rider in 'bondage' gear. Not bad, but comes in unnecessary 'over the top' packaging of near A5 size, making it hard to file along with his other stuff!
    Same headgear as most of the feral kids in Chorley bombing around on their e-scooters.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread