+ Reply to Thread
Page 2967 of 2967 FirstFirst ... 19672467286729172957296529662967
Results 29,661 to 29,667 of 29667

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Thanks for that Adrian. Very interesting - I had already guessed from the cover it would be sort of "New Age" electronica.

The link you provide to T-Bone Burnett (not to be confused with T-Bone Walker ) reads like a lot of psycho-social babble and is mistaken in his belief that he is the only artist who writes about human interaction: virtually every artist does the same.

But he is spot-on with his observation of smartphone addiction. It's everywhere, and has reached a point where young people who have known nothing before their introduction, now refuse to answer the phone when it rings, preferring to reply by text. In other words they don't want to interact with a human vocally, but can only do it via written text.
    Yes his spin is interesting if nothing else, but he makes one or two good points and references along the way.

Unfortunately the dreaded mobile phone disease is not limited to only the young. A couple who are best friends, he is 64 and she is 67 are virtually married to their phones, and just about each other. I have and they know about it a rule of no phones at the table for any meals. But she in particular has an inability to not do so, she even used to try and hide it on her lap under the table, and got quite testy when I asked her what she was doing. She basically justifies it with she has to have in case her kids have a problem ( they range image from 30 to 37) It is highly rude IMO and they even do it when you are out walking about with them, I just stop talking if they have a phone in their hands until they get embarrassed, which they did get upset about and said I was being silly

Not sure you know but I worked for Apple for 10 years and at one morning discussion session on using mobile devices and so iL media I was asked my opinion, it went like this. “They are wonderful devices that have lots of functionality to use that CAN be very helpful in everyday life, but they should be views as tools and used to betterment of the individual. With respect to social media it is generally pointless noise, but worse is often used to influence and manipulate others, and unfortunately can be extremely damaging, bullying, peer pressure, false information and so on. Also individuals think that by posting what they are doing in a positive way others will think better of them, and look for positive feedback, trouble is most real people really do not care what some else is doing only what they are doing. Life is to Experience personally and share with loved ones or people with similar interests, not the rest of the world who does not give two hoots, unless it can be used to sell or influence.”

This created a rather shocked and silenced room, it was far from what any expected to hear, but hopefully made them think a bit.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Everyone should have a copy of 'Free bird' in their collection.
    I have 4 versions , the original album, 12inch single, best of album and the Analogue Production version from the photo. Plus the memory of John Peel playing virtually every night in the mid 70’s, and more importantly seeing them live in Bournemouth in 1974 blowing Golden Earring off the stage and meeting band in the bar after their set.
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Martin.

Totally agree with you Adrian.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

The Was brothers are a bit forgotten now but I think this one and 'Are You Okay?' are essential.
    Great album
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Great album
    I'm glad there's at least one other person who rates it
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I haven't heard of them, but I have, of course, heard of Stevie Ray Vaughan - a superb guitarist.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread