+ Reply to Thread
Page 865 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 36576581585586386486586686787591596513651865 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,650 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good choice!
    Quite an EST fan Barry

Lee Ann Womack • The Lonely, The Lonesome & the Gone

This I think is possibly her best album, not totally Country either, there's soul, R&B and Gospel in here too - rather good and superbly recorded (I reckon Grant should like this he's not heard it already?).
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Christopher.

Gosh 30 years old this year!

Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Christopher.

When I bought a box set of Bruce's first seven albums a couple of years back this was probably my least listened to but after repeat plays of the entire seven albums on my ipod whilst working this album is growing on me with many great tracks.
    Love the closing track 'My Hometown' and for me it is up there with 'Racing in the street', 'My Father's House', 'Jungleland' and many of his earlier greats.

Now onto this...

Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Born in The U.S.A. is a classic My favourite Springsteen has to be Nebraska.

John Paul White • Beulah

John is 50% of the now defunct Civil Wars and the better half IMO, based on product since their demise.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Dave.

Default BJH

Barclay James Harvest

Gone To Earth

Polydor 2441 148 Delux 1977

Recorded at Strawberry Studios in Stockport,Cheshire.

Bought for a song in Chester Tues.Cleaned up beautifully,super vinyl condition

I love it.

Dave

I'm Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Born in The U.S.A. is a classic My favourite Springsteen has to be Nebraska.
    I like 'Nebraska' a lot but think that 'Darkness On The Edge Of Town' is probably my favourite.

From Motorhead to....

Best Wishes
    Christopher D

I'm Grant.

yay, home...lol

Paul Simon (Deezer HiFi)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

I'm Grant.

Ennio M
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread