+ Reply to Thread
Page 2920 of 2952 FirstFirst ... 19202420282028702910291829192920292129222930 ... LastLast
Results 29,191 to 29,200 of 29518

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin III
    Label: Atlantic – 8122796436
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Stereo, 180 Gram

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Manfred Mann's Earth Band – Nightingales & Bombers
    Label: Bronze – Bron 337, Bronze – BRON 337
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
    Released: 1978

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Growing on me this one, it's actually pretty good

Having give it a good listen, I don't dislike it but, it doesn't blow me away much either - I'm sort of in the middle, I cant quite decide !!!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Mark.

So, first up, this classic 80's pop soul album from one of the great American singer songwritters and his first solo album.

With a string of hit singles and album sales in excess of 100 million as a solo artist plus a highly successful period in the Commodores bringing us such classics as Easy and Three Times A Lady.

Track Listing

1 Serves You Right
    2 Wandering Stranger
    3 Tell Me4My Love
    5 Round and Round
    6 Truly
    7 You Are
    8 You Mean More To Me
    9 Just Put Some Love In Your Heart
    10 Endless Love - Solo Demo (Bonus Track - Previously Unreleased)
    11 You Are - Instrumental (Bonus Track - Previously Unreleased)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Next up, this extraordinary Leeds born singer, whos vocal delivery epitomises the craft of the great easy listening and jazz artists. If you are in doubt, take a listen to any of the great tracks on his albums. If you have to pick one album, then his 2006 debut "New Vimtage" is a perfect place to start !

Track Listing

1 Joanna
    2 Walk Away
    3 The Best Is Yet To Come
    4 The Windmills of Your Mind From the Thomas Crown Affair
    5 Spooky From Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels
    6 The Fool On The Hill
    7 The Girl From Ipanema
    8 We've Only Just Begun
    9 I Saw Her Standing There
    10 The More I See You
    11 You're The First, The Last, My Everything
    12 Didn't We
    13 On Days Like These From the Italian Job
    14 All The Way
    15 Modern Way Bonus track

Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

We end as usual with vinyl and one of the many great albums from this pair of music legends, who were the enduring core of this great group. Namely, the renown producer, audio engineer, musician and composer Alan Parsons and equally renown but perhaps lesser known singer, songwriter and pianist Eric Woolfson.

Hard to choose a favourite album but this one is certainly a top three !

Tracklist:

A1 VOYAGER
    A2 WHAT GOES UP...
    A3 THE EAGLE WILL RISE AGAIN
    A4 ONE MORE RIVER
    A5 CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU

B1 IN THE LAP OF THE GODS
    B2 PYRAMANIA
    B3 HYPER-GAMMA-SPACES
    B4 SHADOW OF A LONELY MAN

I'm Dominick.

I'm Adrian.

Manfred Mann's Earth Band – Solar Fire
    Label: Creature Music – MANNLP006
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo, Gatefold, 180 gm

I'm Adrian.

King Crimson – The Power To Believe
    Label: Discipline Global Mobile – KCLPX15, Panegyric – KCLPX15, Inner Knot – KCLPX15
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 200g

I'm Dominick.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    King Crimson – The Power To Believe
    Label: Discipline Global Mobile – KCLPX15, Panegyric – KCLPX15, Inner Knot – KCLPX15
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 200g

I remember buying this when it came out, how can that be 21 years ago !

+ Reply to Thread