+ Reply to Thread
Page 2924 of 2952 FirstFirst ... 19242424282428742914292229232924292529262934 ... LastLast
Results 29,231 to 29,240 of 29517

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Bat For Lashes – 'The Haunted Man'

Label: Parlophone – 5099901730821
    Format: CD, Album
    Released: October 15, 2012
    Genre: Electronic, Rock, Pop
    Style: Indie Rock

Still working out whether I like this or not. Sound very similar to the rest of her output, but lacks the freshness of 'Fur and Gold'. Needs a few more listens.
    I agree with this too. Comes a distant-but-closing third to 'Fur and Gold' and 'Two Suns' imo. But I won't write it off, as I have found over the years that albums which don't initially impress often become more rewarding after repeated listens. Maybe this'll happen here, maybe not.

Only problem with this is that while in my teens with perhaps only 40 or 50 albums to choose from it was easy to play something to death, it is rather more difficult to do this when there are hundreds or more. So much choice, so little time...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Prompted by Dom's earlier choice:

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Good one! Pleased to see she is recording again, having taken time out to look after her partner.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good one! Pleased to see she is recording again, having taken time out to look after her partner.
    I did a quick read up on her:

The album I'm playing right now is her eponymous debut, released in 2006. After a four year break during which time her husband died from a methadone/alcohol overdose, she released "The Sea" (Dom's choice). Followed by "The Heart Speaks in Whispers" (2016), and "Black Rainbows" in September last year.

So only four albums in 18 years, though there have been other projects. Such a lovely delicate voice, you'd never guess she hails from Leeds

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Mrs. P has just left the house, so... this should get the Loz seal of approval

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Dominick.

I'm Steve.

The very best of Bowie there. In fact my favourite album by anyone, ever. It has lived in my collection for more than 50 years, and still gets played.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Bit more noise before I have to go out.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Re. Hunky Dory

I have his first LP, then there is a gap until his 'Berlin period' and then Scary Monsters.
    I ought to investigate his early period more, but having had 'Pinups' and not liking it, it put me off somewhat.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Time for some real noise.....

Hawkwind – X In Search Of Space
    Label: United Artists Records – UAG 29202
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gimmix Cover + Booklet
    Released: 1971

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread