+ Reply to Thread
Page 2966 of 2966 FirstFirst ... 19662466286629162956296429652966
Results 29,651 to 29,652 of 29652

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Steve Hillage - 2019 - The Golden Vibe. I've been waiting to get a copy of this at a sensible price for a while now and it finally arrived at my house today. I Call this album a precursor for what was to come in the future !!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Hi Barry, in one word different, songs are forceful, poetic in parts, supporting music can be atmospheric.

The notes on the back cover say in part "The Invisible Light is a song cycle concerned with the reality that we have been the subjects of over a century of electronic programming. It is trance music. It is folk music and electronic music. It is tribal and global.......... ", it goes on to talk about how we as individuals have lost our individuality and through social force(propaganda/media/advertising etc), and the inability to discern fact from fiction. So i would say it is and attempt to observe us and the state of humanity at this point in time and the damage we are doing to ourselves, each other and the planet, without any real understanding and certainly no control.

I would read https://tboneburnett.com/bio/ which talks about the most recent release, "The Invisible Light" trilogy is/was intended to be a comment of the human condition and how we, the Human Race' are being taken over by our own technology. Sounds a bit arty I know but bear with it there are some good points made in the albums. In case you are not aware of him T-Bone Burnett is a well known recording artist, record producer, guitarist, and songwriter, and has worked with some very famous artists, he was a guitarist in Bob Dylan's band during the 1970s.
    Among many other things, he is responsible for the theme music for the first two seasons of "True Detective". This is from season 1, one of the best things to come on telly in recent years imo.

He is someone I mean to investigate further.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread