+ Reply to Thread
Page 967 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 4678679179579659669679689699771017106714671967 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,670 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Grant.

Some R&R now, Prine style.

From angel of montgomery to iron ore betty, prine and co really entertain. If memory serves they are all from Chicago, .....

On Sept. 23, 1978, John Prine rolled into Chicago’s Park West for an evening of rollicking rock and roll. Although the night’s performance was captured on tape, the recordings languished, lost in Prine’s basement, for the next 40 years. On Record Store Day in April 2015, Oh Boy Records pressed and released 2000 copies of September 78 on orange vinyl. Anyone who missed out on the opportunity to grab this rare Prine recording now has the chance to add to their collection.

While John Prine remains the living poet laureate of folk and Americana (an honor he’d quickly bestow on his good friend, the late great Steve Goodman), he’s also a hell of a performer, cracking jokes on stage, telling hilarious stories, and enjoying himself as he entertains his audience. September 78 illustrates his showmanship and provides electrifying performances from Prine’s rock and roll band: Prine’s longtime friend Johnny Burns scorches the stage with his guitar licks; Howard Levy holds forth on harmonica, piano, organ, penny whistle, sax, and mandolin; Tommy “Pickles” Piekarski keeps the bottom strong on bass; and Angelo Varias holds down the rhythm section on drum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Alison Krauss and Union Station....Live........ mostly recorded at Austin City Limits. hard to believe it was 16 years ago..
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Earlier

Now

I'm Grant.

Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Deep Forest & Gaudi - Epic Circuits (Flac)

https://www.discogs.com/Deep-Forest-...lease/11577026

I'm Grant.

Frank Sinatra. The standards bob sang

accompanying the iconic singer are led by Nelson Riddle, Gordon Jenkins, Billy May, Alex Stordahl and Tommy Dorsey, among others. Dylan once related this about an encounter he had with Ol' Blue Eyes: 'He was funny, we were standing out on his patio at night and he said to me, 'You and me, pal, we got blue eyes, we're from up there' and he pointed to the stars. 'These other bums are from down here'. I remember thinking that he might be right.'
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Just arrived. Seems a good pressing, although not as good as the JLH album at the Bakeoff.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

In light of having heard Roundabout being broken down http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...334#post994334 it's only natural to play the full album.
    And what an album it still is!

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Mike.

Bjørn Riis - Forever Comes To An End (LP)
    https://www.discogs.com/Bj%C3%B8rn-R...lease/10310826

+ Reply to Thread