+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Government Spy Planes?

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I bet there's some nosey (official) arse, has clocked this little lot using 'key word' search and is doing his 'jobsworth' right now to see who can be given a hard time.
    I'm used to it...

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    The Defenders (there are two) in service with GMC are ex-RAF and are equipped with state of the art optics and sophisticated electronic intelligence gathering equipment.
    I would be very surprised if the British police force have ever owned a single item that is truly 'state of the art'.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I would be very surprised if the British police force have ever owned a single item that is truly 'state of the art'.
    Then surprised you will be Chris, there's much going on about which we are kept in the dark. Shortly after I discovered that GMC had these aircraft they appeared on the GMC website with a description of their mission profile. According to my source (sounding very cloak and dagger now) the description is not complete...

Anyway, that's enough of that

I'm Geoff.

Maybe it's not just them! Anyway, when the Government take a particular interest, money is thrown at situations. Ultimately, there's no accountability to the really deep stuff that goes on and the cost is very secondary. We'd never find out, nor would anybody else. Suspect what you might.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Just use invisible (out of optical bandwidth) 'line of sight' laser communication. Nobody gets in on that!

What ? ... give 'em the churchill V?

remember getting the treatment in Newry when doing a spray job on a new car park surface. The army used to come over, hover, and take pictures of you and send them off for processing while a squaddie pointed a machine gun at you...quite unnerving tbh, and got a bit tedious after a while...maybe they thought the spray guns were something else. might add Newry was the worst place I was ever in, and was never at ease. how you get used to such is beyond me....
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

synsei Guest

The aircraft you mention Geoff is a Reims Cessna F406 registration G-UKAL. It's owned by the Met and operated jointly by them and Mi5 to carry out internal anti-terrorism missions. It's based at Farnborough and can roam pretty much over the entire UK.

I'm Alan.

Probably all encrypted though (but how well?).
    It'll all be digital and very well encrypted. I'd hazard a guess that you would need some SERIOUS kit to try hacking.
    Just some of the modern digital modulation techniques are mind boggling

Some of the most sophisticated comms can hide information below the background noise level so you wouldn't even know something was there.

Cheers, Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm ChrisB.

Maybe it's not just them! Anyway, when the Government take a particular interest, money is thrown at situations .
    Yes, that's kind of what I' m getting at.

I'm Martin.

Heckler and Koch MP5?

Always been a puzzle to me why the police get better weapons than the army. I suppose they don't need as many but I bet that's not the real reason.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

One other purpose for the police using planes and helicopters is looking for excessive heat signatures in houses and in particular roofspaces, which is a give away for cannabis growing.

In Ni we are used to low flying planes and helicopters - more recently small drones too - which are used in anti terrorism, crime and drugs detection. At the height of the troubles it was not unusual to see helicopters using very powerful searchlights, which in low cloud or foggy conditions looked very weird, a light but no obvious source.

On one occasion in the early 80s in very heavy fog we were woken up by our house vibrating and oscillating, as we stood outside to see what was going on - the fog mean't we could see nothing - the source of the drone, vibration became clear after awhile. It was a Chinook hovering directly above the house as the double wosh of the two sets of rotor blades eventually stood out from the droning vibration.

Its hard to impart just how odd this experience was before the source of the noise was identified as everything was vibrating and the low drone seemed to energise the entire fog bank above where we lived.

Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast