+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Arizona!

I'm Christopher.

Default Hello from Arizona!

Music has always been a passion of mine since grade school. Growing up throughout the 90's, music made an obvious presence among my peers. It was here I began realizing that music meant more than something you listened to; it was a way of life, a culture. My passion for music began with a few of the famous such as Michael Jackson and New Order. It wasn't until later did I discover the Nu metal act with artist like KoRn, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, and even Linkin Park. The latter even inspired me to further explore the world of music. When I began high school I grew interested and even determined in learning the drums, but I was not the only one. It was here where my instructor introduced me to the Trombone, an instrument that would change my life completely.

The trombone helped me discover everything behind music; theory, notation, and the primary fundamentals. When I look back on it today, I am forever grateful for learning this instrument. Had I not learned it, I would've never discovered the guitar, cello, and piano. In learning these instruments, I discovered an interest in all forms of music; from Classical music to Death Metal. Some of the artist I frequently listen to today are Akira Ifukube, Aarvo Part, Prokofiev, Haydn, Mozart, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Freddie Hubbard, Kenny Dorham, Charles Mingus, Thelonius Monk, Trivium, Mastodon, Mushroomhead, The Human Abstract, Dream Theater, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult, Cream, Nirvana, Muse, Daft Punk, Hatsune Miku (can't forget Vocaloids), and even Norah Jones; just to name a few.

My system as of current doesn't match up to the standards I like necessarily, but the future is not so distant. I currently utilize one of my favorite headphones, the Beyerdynamic DT 990/600 Ω

I currently pair these headphones with the HiFiMan EF2A with Mullard CV4010 tubes fed by the FiiO E10 DAC. This produces a warm tone with a rich and smooth sound. It may not be ample enough for the 600 Ω headphone, but I can not forsake the sound that is being reproduced.

Finally everything is source fed via iTunes on my custom built Windows machine running Windows 7:

I hope you folks will have me!

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by destroysall; 20-07-2014 at 09:39.

I'm Dave.

Thanks Chris, great first post. Where in Arizona are you?
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Thanks Chris, great first post. Where in Arizona are you?
    Thank you very much, Dave. I am currently located in Phoenix. I feel blessed as I only live a few minutes away from Downtown Phoenix, which is perhaps one of my favorite places to be at due to the healthy growing Art scene.

I'm Dave.

I loved Arizona when i was there , but kept on the '40' to Albuquerque, wanted to take the '17' down to Phoenix, but alas did not have the time. great photos Chris, sorry i forgot to say that in my last post. We like photos here.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm David.

Hi Chris, welcome to AoS

I'm Rich.

Hello and welcome from me...

I dunno how you folks in Arizona live in that heat, I was in Scottsdale for 2 days a few years ago (September time I think) and spent most of it sat under the mist nozzles at bar with the fittest girls serving me cold ones for the duration! It was too damn warm to do anything else... (well for my northern European blood anyway)
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Martin.

Welcome to the forum Chris. Great intro and pictures. I have been to Arizona twice but only if you count just stepping over the state line from Nevada in the centre of the Hoover Dam
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Chris, welcome from me too.

Enjoy AOS.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Christopher.

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes. I can not express my gratitude enough.

I'm Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    I dunno how you folks in Arizona live in that heat, I was in Scottsdale for 2 days a few years ago (September time I think) and spent most of it sat under the mist nozzles at bar with the fittest girls serving me cold ones for the duration! It was too damn warm to do anything else... (well for my northern European blood anyway)
    Richard, I sometimes ask myself that question with each passing day. We've been living in 40°-45°C weather as of recent; some of the best things to do on such a hot day is to just sit down at a pub or cafe and drink up a few cold ones, anything to stay out of the heat. Our luck on the monsoon season hasn't been up to par as it has only rained twice since the summer began, and all it ever did was make the heat wet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast