+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    There will always be arguments about cables but bigger differences are made elsewhere. It then just becomes what is worth paying for and what us not. Personally, I believe that cables from Klotz , Van Damme and Mogami all do a highly cost effective job.

Meanwhile, a friend and I used some mains cable cut from a lawnmower and could hear no difference to the 400 per metre cable he was previously using in his high end system!
    Nope, not going over this subject again lol
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm jamie.

theres a lot of klotz being sold lately,i wonder what everyones ditching them for??
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers ,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,Pioneer PA-5000,Alphason HR-100S-MCS,Zeta tonearms,Denon 103SA Cartridge's,Denon HA-500 Head Amp, John Wood KT88 Valve Amp,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    theres a lot of klotz being sold lately,i wonder what everyones ditching them for??
    They are a good step up from standard cables, maybe folk are all just moving on at the same time. But to what?............
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    I have noticed that too.

I sold mine because I have moved my kit so bought some more Mark Grant HDX1's. The Klotz had been in my box for a while and had no urge to use them again.

The Klotz are great, but in the long run, not for me. Something (occasionally) wasn't gelling. So maybe I'm just too used to the sound from the MG cables as I've been using them for donkeys.

Brian's builds are excellent though, top quality, top service 10/10. Top man.

The Silver/Gold ones which Brian made for me were excellent in my system. On a par with MG's in certain areas but had more zing which between source's and pre was the best place I found. Alas I needed so many in different lengths I couldn't justify the cost.

Are you building them again, Brian?

The only ones I've not tried are the Carabou? Ones. Which are supposed to be a step up from the Klotz.
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 27-05-2018 at 13:40.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Selling my 3 spare ones because they have sat unused in a drawer for about 6 months now.
    Just decided it was time to have a clear out, have a load of kit I used to use still here.

Not selling mine as I'm swapping to something else, happy with what I'm currently using...500 a pop and the first thing I'd heard that made me want to upgrade from Brian's cables.
    Know that thing you JUST KNOW you hear when your hearing it?
    Currently hearing it....not about
    the hifi anymore, rediscovering my music.

192 MP3 and upwards..all good.
    (And have SME V driven vinyl too)

Life is certainly not shit.

I'm tony.

I tend to hold onto all my kit and cables.

End up making systems that go to family and friends.

All Brians cables have been superb.

He indulged me(after loads of pestering) and made up some exotic wires that are truly superb ....i just dont have the skill to do it myself.

With a bit of negotiation he has made some really outstanding ics.

No substitution for experience IMHO!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748