+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

Bigman80 Guest

The Mogami is good and I prefer it to the Klotz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    My set up is balanced from cartridge tags to power amps and DAC route as well.
    Appart from my DIY active crossover it is all differential balanced circuits.

So a shielded twisted pair is the usual method employed, I use Neutrik gold contact XLR's so nothing fancy there.

I may try the Sommer "CarboKab" though I can't find it on their website and also some Mogami 2534. 1m runs of each to compare with the Klotz and Van Damme I already have. The connectors will cost more than the cable so its just finding the time to make em up and try them.

I thought I was happy with the Klotz, till I experienced a very different sound from the Van Damme, so I am now curious what the other two will bring to the table.

I'm Kevin.

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm jamie.

i use it and found it too be a step up from the klotz.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    My set up is balanced from cartridge tags to power amps and DAC route as well.
    Appart from my DIY active crossover it is all differential balanced circuits.

So a shielded twisted pair is the usual method employed, I use Neutrik gold contact XLR's so nothing fancy there.

I may try the Sommer "CarboKab" though I can't find it on their website and also some Mogami 2534. 1m runs of each to compare with the Klotz and Van Damme I already have. The connectors will cost more than the cable so its just finding the time to make em up and try them.

I thought I was happy with the Klotz, till I experienced a very different sound from the Van Damme, so I am now curious what the other two will bring to the table.
    CarboKab 225 on eBay .

I'm Ken.

Thanks for the links guys,
    I want to try and finalize the interconnects prior to voicing my speakers.
    I've made the final choice for discrete op-amps for the active crossover and power amps, though some are still on route from the States. I want it all in place to do the last tweaking of the attenuators, prior to replacing them with fixed resistor networks.

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    CarboKab 225 on eBay .
    Bugger, its from Designacable, just had an order back from them 2 days ago.

Jamie - Thanks for the heads up.

I'm Kevin.

But for a bit more, you get a better cable, and then a bit more than that, you can get a better cable etc.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm jamie.

do tell
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    But for a bit more, you get a better cable, and then a bit more than that, you can get a better cable etc.
    Trouble is, for every price point, there are cables that will work well with your equipment and those that work less well.

It gets quite expensive trying the many options as you work up through the ranks, as recommendations may not suit.

I'm keeping things reasonably simple (Cheap) for now, as I am in the process of upgrading my Power Amps (x2 Stereo or x4 Mono) and my Pre/Dac.

I am already getting the best sound I have ever had in my room, the equipment upgrades should take me to another level. So cables will no doubt come back into the equation, to make the most of the changes, though I am not one for spending massively in this area.

I'm Geoff.

There will always be arguments about cables but bigger differences are made elsewhere. It then just becomes what is worth paying for and what us not. Personally, I believe that cables from Klotz , Van Damme and Mogami all do a highly cost effective job.

Meanwhile, a friend and I used some mains cable cut from a lawnmower and could hear no difference to the £400 per metre cable he was previously using in his high end system!
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast