+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

I'm Kevin.

Brian,

If you want to try the KLE equipped cable, just give me a shout.
    It is sat in the spares box (which seems to be growing!).
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Brian.

Thanks Kevin , I'll give them a miss mate . They would have to be substantially better to justify the extra outlay . How are you getting on with the Switchcraft RCA plugs ?
    You have email mate .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    If the Silver was it the Lo-Cap?
    Hi Ken, as you seem to be keen on trying things, I have a suggestion. Will not be surprised if the Lo-Cap Silver walks it but might be worth a comparison.

I found some standard satellite cable has the same low capacitance of the Low-Cap at 55pF per meter. Conductors are copper so it would be a Copper/Silver shoot out, but with the same capacitance

I'd try it myself but I don't have any Silver Lo-Cap. I can send you the satellite cable if you need it.

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Ken.

Alan - I've tried shotgun satalight cable in the past and wasn't impressed, I may even still have the leads somewhere.
    Tried it in the cross connection method as well - centre of one to the shield of the other etc.

Not sure I want to buy the MS Audio connectors (at least 8 needed) as I am not a believer in connectors making much difference, having said that, if anyone is going to bring some MC5000 leads with these fitted, to the next NEBO meet I will give them a go.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Not sure I want to buy the MS Audio connectors (at least 8 needed) as I am not a believer in connectors making much difference, having said that, if anyone is going to bring some MC5000 leads with these fitted, to the next NEBO meet I will give them a go.
    Fair enough, although that's quite contrary to my experience, and over the years I've experimented quite a bit with a number of them. However, I'll defo bring my MC5000s with me to the next NEBO and we can do some comparisons

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

OK Ken, not sure how you cross connected, the cable I have is just standard coax construction with inner and screen.

I will build some up, need to get some plugs, then the only I/Cs I can compare to are some MC5000 with silver plugs that I have on loan.

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm John.

Hi I picked up a 1m pair of this cable yesterday made up with Neutrik XLR connectors from a local pro studio company to connect between my pre/power, sounded bloody awful for the 1st few hours and then sounded good, today sounded crap again and then after a few hours started to sound good again, does this cable burn in and improve with time? I've never experienced this before, also how does it compare to Mark Grant as an RCA.

Thanks for advce
    Source: Audiolab 6000cdt into Bel Canto DAC3vb
    Source: Technics 1200gr, AT740ml cart
    Phono: Rega Aria MK2
    Amplification: Kenwood L-1000C pre and Kenwood L-1000M power amp
    Speakers Yamaha NS1000

I'm Kevin.

I use it between my pre and mono blocks.
    Once it settles in, you will have no issues.
    Kevin

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I use it between my pre and mono blocks.
    Once it settles in, you will have no issues.
    Thanks for the advice Kevin, I've just realized that this is your own thread for selling the cables you make, sorry for posting here

John
    Source: Audiolab 6000cdt into Bel Canto DAC3vb
    Source: Technics 1200gr, AT740ml cart
    Phono: Rega Aria MK2
    Amplification: Kenwood L-1000C pre and Kenwood L-1000M power amp
    Speakers Yamaha NS1000

I'm Kevin.

It's not my thread
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast