+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

I'm Darren.

Hi Gaz

I'm sure you are right. Looking forward to replacing my Mark Grant 2000HD WBT Cu's with them. If I can sell the MG's, I might have enough money to get a nice USB Amp/Dac for my laptop.

Regards

Darren
    Last edited by Darren Cotter; 13-07-2014 at 21:41.

I'm Brian.

These cables start at £45 for a 0.5m set and just add £4 per half meter set .

P1010315.jpg
    Last edited by brian2957; 14-07-2014 at 12:44.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    DAC 3 French DAC
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Chord Epic Twin

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi All,
    I currently have two pairs of these excelent cables in my system which i made up myself, and i am very happy with their performance, and for the price brian is quoting, they are a steal!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, Anthony. Any preference between the AC110 and MC5000?

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm a-musicfan.

Top man Brian, what a great gesture
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Marco,
    Unfortunetly, i dont have any of the AC110 to compare against, only a memory of them when we first put yours in my system.
    A...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice one, Anthony. Any preference between the AC110 and MC5000?

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ah, no worries... I thought you'd got in some of both.

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Confused.

Sorry if this is a numptie question but I have been recommended to buy these by another member when I enquired about some speaker cables he might have had available. Are there any opinions about their use as speaker cables?
    TIA,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm GettingFunky.

I would not use them as speaker cables.
    I don't think that the conductors are big enough.
    Kevin

Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Techne-Audio modified DL-103/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU).
    Pioneer PD-S703.
    Battery powered Beresford Caiman II.
    Firebottle KIN fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Firebottle Monoblocks fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters.
    Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp.
    Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650.
    DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects.
    Talk cable 3 speaker cable.
    Neotech hybrid mains cables from MCRU
    Power Inspired AG1500

I'm Confused.

Thanks Kevin,
    Old age taking it's toll again, sorry . Having re-read the original exchanges from many months ago I now realise that we were then talking of interconnects, not speaker cables, so it really was a numptie question - Sorry all!
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast