+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

I'm Deleted.

Do you mean the RCA plugs - in what way are they supposed to be illegal? Is it a copyright issue but I don't think there are any legal requirements for the RCA specification?
    Account Deleted

I'm Kevin.

The interesting thing for me is the ground pin. It looks almost identical to the KLE Harmony design, so who came up with it first?

I also don't see any patents listed for the plugs.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Deleted.

Default MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

I believe Louis Eichmann did when he worked for ETI - the Bullet plug. He now has another company (KLE Innovations that make a similar product) - looks like the original patent has expired to me.
    Account Deleted

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Do you mean the RCA plugs - in what way are they supposed to be illegal?
    Apparently, it's on the grounds of 'human decency'. Perhaps some puppies were harmed during the process of their construction?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Deleted.

Default MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

So not the actual law then? Whose human decency is it impinging - ETI who make the original Bullet plug - or Louis Eichmann who doesn't work for them anymore but makes a version of the same plug? Presumably one of them is breaking the laws of human decency with regard to the other?
    Account Deleted

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Not in the slightest,
    They can share the same shelves as my illegal valve amps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, but are you not worried that the police might knock on your door and take all your cables away, because the plugs are "illegal", and that you're a VERY bad man for using them? [I mean, this is a serious botty spanking offence, you know!]

Be afraid, be very afraid..... I hope you manage to get to sleep tonight for lying awake worrying about being a 'criminal'

Fooking loons!!

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    They can share the same shelves as my illegal valve amps!

Hahahahaha... Another load of deluded pish. You wonder how these folk are allowed to walk the streets unsupervised.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Stop it you lot

These copy? plugs carry some intellectual property for the designer of the originals and if this has been compromised then yes, they could be regarded as 'illegal.' Still, I don't think that's 'our' concern at present, as the eBay seller would be liable I believe in the first instance. These plugs offer a different return connector to the original Bullet plugs, which had a pin I seem to remember. Since these things cost pennies to manufacture, the rest being 'intellectual profit' IMO, I doubt they'd be too different to the current 'proper' ones, although some kind soul here would have to shell out for them and compare (Brian?).

My own Klotz 5000/MS set has definitely settled down and largely negated my earlier thoughts. The bass is far better, the treble has sweetened beautifully and the mid is sweet too, so I suppose anyone making a set up should be made well aware how the sound may change over a good few hours' use.

I've just realised - cough - that all these cable comparisons I've made have been via a pre-power cable made with Van Damme mic cable (screen connected at source), so even though this latter has been bypassed now, it's still revealing all the differences or impressions I claim to hear!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Deleted.

Perhaps it's still burning in and 'confusing' matters...
    Account Deleted

I'm Brian.

I've always enjoyed mucking around with cables and plugs Dave so it's not been a problem . As I've already stated this was a joint effort on AOS so others on the forum had an input financially and in giving of their time . I started using the plugs and credit has to be given to Kevin ( cageyh ) for trying the plugs with the MC5000 . Marco was the main instigator of this and financed the purchase of the cables too . So as I said , a joint effort.
    I try to point out to purchasers the importance of giving these cables 20-30 hours to burn in before making a decision on whether they want to keep them in their system or not .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast