+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    There will always be arguments about cables but bigger differences are made elsewhere. It then just becomes what is worth paying for and what us not. Personally, I believe that cables from Klotz , Van Damme and Mogami all do a highly cost effective job.

Meanwhile, a friend and I used some mains cable cut from a lawnmower and could hear no difference to the £400 per metre cable he was previously using in his high end system!
    Nope, not going over this subject again lol

I'm jamie.

theres a lot of klotz being sold lately,i wonder what everyones ditching them for??
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    theres a lot of klotz being sold lately,i wonder what everyones ditching them for??
    They are a good step up from standard cables, maybe folk are all just moving on at the same time. But to what?............

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    I have noticed that too.

I sold mine because I have moved my kit so bought some more Mark Grant HDX1's. The Klotz had been in my box for a while and had no urge to use them again.

The Klotz are great, but in the long run, not for me. Something (occasionally) wasn't gelling. So maybe I'm just too used to the sound from the MG cables as I've been using them for donkeys.

Brian's builds are excellent though, top quality, top service 10/10. Top man.

The Silver/Gold ones which Brian made for me were excellent in my system. On a par with MG's in certain areas but had more zing which between source's and pre was the best place I found. Alas I needed so many in different lengths I couldn't justify the cost.

Are you building them again, Brian?

The only ones I've not tried are the Carabou? Ones. Which are supposed to be a step up from the Klotz.
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 27-05-2018 at 13:40.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Gary.

Selling my 3 spare ones because they have sat unused in a drawer for about 6 months now.
    Just decided it was time to have a clear out, have a load of kit I used to use still here.

Not selling mine as I'm swapping to something else, happy with what I'm currently using...£500 a pop and the first thing I'd heard that made me want to upgrade from Brian's cables.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm tony.

I tend to hold onto all my kit and cables.

End up making systems that go to family and friends.

All Brians cables have been superb.

He indulged me(after loads of pestering) and made up some exotic wires that are truly superb ....i just dont have the skill to do it myself.

With a bit of negotiation he has made some really outstanding ics.

No substitution for experience IMHO!!!

I'm Dave.

I thought I'd try a 1m length of Klotz MC5000 and aquired some, and all I'll say first is "Brian you earn every penny" making up the cables, I'm a Auto-Electrician and very good at soldering, I've worked with far easier cable than Klotz MC5000. On burn in now to see how it compares to Van Damme Pro Classic
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Kevin.

The Klotz is easy to solder.
    Try the Sommer Carbokab 225, as preparing it takes much more work.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotist View Post
    I thought I'd try a 1m length of Klotz MC5000 and aquired some, and all I'll say first is "Brian you earn every penny" making up the cables, I'm a Auto-Electrician and very good at soldering, I've worked with far easier cable than Klotz MC5000. On burn in now to see how it compares to Van Damme Pro Classic
    Thanks Dave Hope you like them . There are many happy users , some outwith the forum
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Lee.

I bought a used pair of these off the forum last week,I’ve only used kimber pbj for the last 20 years and haven’t ever swapped anything in or out,I was expecting pretty much the same sound or possibly not as good,I’m still scratching my head at how much better they are,total step up,I actually thought the volume had accidentally gone up,got the dB meter out to check and it was exactly the same as I swapped them backwards and forwards,so really unsure how that could happen,greater dynamic range???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast