+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

I'm Jeff.

if youre making these yourself, my advice would be to try it first without the screen,

adding a screen can dull the sound a bit. I used to make cables when I worked for LFD, and most of our cables were unshielded.

I'll buy some of this of cable and give it a listen.

But I will probably strip out the two wires , twist them, then use spiralwrap, and then braid.

That would be good, and cheap,
    Technics Sl1210 mk2. MCRU Linear Power Supply Step 2, Funk Firm Achromat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Kab Tone Arm Damper, Kab arm rewiring kit, Kab Litz RCA wiring, Ortofon Concorde DJ S with Stylus 30, IanMac bearing.
    LFD MMO Phono Stage.Rega Brio R Integrated Amp.Rega RS1 Speakers,Norstone 1000mm Speaker Stands.TNT FFRC Speaker Cable. BK Electronics XXLS400-DF Subwoofer.Nessie Vinyl Master RCM ( to take the misery out of record cleaning )

I'm Jeff.

and regarding directionality, my boss always said its better to keep the wires flowing the same way that it was strewn off the reel when the cable was made.

so at LFD that's what we did,

probably doesn't make any difference but hey
    Technics Sl1210 mk2. MCRU Linear Power Supply Step 2, Funk Firm Achromat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Kab Tone Arm Damper, Kab arm rewiring kit, Kab Litz RCA wiring, Ortofon Concorde DJ S with Stylus 30, IanMac bearing.
    LFD MMO Phono Stage.Rega Brio R Integrated Amp.Rega RS1 Speakers,Norstone 1000mm Speaker Stands.TNT FFRC Speaker Cable. BK Electronics XXLS400-DF Subwoofer.Nessie Vinyl Master RCM ( to take the misery out of record cleaning )

I'm GettingFunky.

But more expensive than just the cable, which is already twisted?
    Kevin

Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Hana SL/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU). Pioneer PD-S703. Caiman II. Firebottle KIN. Firebottle Monoblocks, Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp. Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters. Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650. DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects. Talk cable 3 speaker cable. Power Inspired AG1500

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wood View Post
    my advice would be to try it first without the screen,

adding a screen can dull the sound a bit.
    That was my conclusion as well, just lost a bit of the sparkle and transparency when the screen was connected. I have a bit of a snake pit of cables which caused interference, otherwise I would have left the screen disconnected.
    Ken

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/
    DIY Technics/ProJect based Turntable + Terminator linear tracker + Denon DL-301 mkII / Pro-Ject Phono box & Pre Box RS / KMTech Active X-Over / Nakamichi AVP1 Power / Yamaha NS1000M / Stello CDT100 Transport / DAC Magic.

I'm Brian.

I've built a couple now and I prefer these interconnects with the shield connected .
    Regards
    Brian

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    Rega DAC .
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Van Damme hi-fi series 6mm .

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    That was my conclusion as well, just lost a bit of the sparkle and transparency when the screen was connected. I have a bit of a snake pit of cables which caused interference, otherwise I would have left the screen disconnected.
    even only connected at one end?
    My System/ Celestion Ditton 66,Monitor Audio R852 MD,Pioneer PLC-1700, DD,TT ,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS,Sony PS-X60 TT,Ortofon 2M BLACK ,Sony 700ES Amp, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,Technics sl-pg490 CD Pioneer PD-7050 CD

I'm Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    But more expensive than just the cable, which is already twisted?
    Wont be expensive, and what's outside the cable does make a difference, I might even try using ptfe sleeving, that was something we did at LFD on some interconnect cables.

This hifi lark can get a bit geeky at times

I'm Phil.

Thanks folks for all your opinions , phil.
    Phil.

Hi Brian

New Year's resolution - Sort my interconnects out !

So may I have a price for 2 sets 1m length please.

Thanks

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I've built a couple now and I prefer these interconnects with the shield connected .
    I concur

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Fisual Hollywood Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast