+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphones; Can't wait lol

I'm Shaun.

Default Headphones; Can't wait lol

I've just bought a basic headphone set up and can't wait for them to arrive to check them out.

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro and ifi Audio Zen Can.

Just fancied something other than annoying the neighbours. I shall still keep the KEF R5's of course but wanted something different. I guess I'll either be impressed or completely underwhelmed.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I wish you success Shaun, but personally I can't get on with headphone listening for extended periods of time.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

I wear these contraptions of torture every day... you quickly get used to them physically, and aurally they are a godsend.. wired or wireless(which is what i usually use)

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I wish you success Shaun, but personally I can't get on with headphone listening for extended periods of time.
    Totally understand Barry as I have always had issues with them. My first pair were PWB type back in the late 70's and I had problems with the lack of comfort. A year or two back I had Grado 'phones and couldn't get on with them either but for completely different reasons. Maybe this time things will work out.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

For me it's a mixture of discomfort and not liking the effect of the sound appearing inside my head; unlike speakers where the sound stage is laid out in front of you, and doesn't move when you move your head.

That said, I do have several pairs of headphones: two pairs of Koss (hot, sweaty and uncomfortable, but with good SQ) and three sets of Sony headphones (far more comfortable, and with acceptable SQ).

The best 'phones I used were a pair of Sennheiser (forgot the model number). They were comfortable and had good SQ, but sadly the foam ear pads perished.
    Barry

I'm Mandeep.

I’m using those Beyers - look forward to your thought on them.

I'm Lawrence.

I have been using headphones more and more in recent years, now more than my Hifi (mainly due to having children).

Once you've got a nice headphone amp and headphones there's no going back.

I've found Meier Audio amps have a useful if subtle crossfeed circuit that helps reduce the "inside your head" feeling.

Also the Sony WH-1000XM3 (and 4) have an app that can change the sound field so that the music is more in front of you. I find it a bit phasy with vocals but it works quite well with instrumental music.

I'm Kevin.

A good amp, and good headphones are important.
    I currently use three sets of ‘phones. Sennheiser HD540 RefII, HD650 and HiFiman Sundara. All are slightly different.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Robin.

I really enjoy headphone listening now that there are so many high quality variations - i can sink into my own world happily! So far I’ve Stax 009S, Stellias and HD800S but always open for other flavours. Need a good amp to make the best of them though.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Shaun.

Regarding the 'inside your head' feeling, I picked the ifi head amplifier due to it's 3D sound staging hoping that it helps to spread things about. Again, maybe it will maybe it won't. The headphones are due to be delivered today but I don't know about the ifi as this was bought from Analogue Seduction who don't bother to confirm dispatch. I guess as with most things it'll happen when it happens. Thanks for your comments guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast