+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fs or swap for balanced pre-amp- accuphase e-205 integrated

I'm Martin.

Default Fs or swap for balanced pre-amp- accuphase e-205 integrated

Only recently bought off here from member Accudazed, lovely amp in excellent condition and excellent working order.

I have now aquired active monitors and need a pre-amp with balanced outputs so this lovely piece of kit is surplus to requirement

Offered for sale at £500 delivered fully insured to UK addresses or swap for pre-amp with balanced outputs with cash adjustment
    LInk to Steves (Accudazed) OP as i can't possibly describe this amp as eloquentlyhttp://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...=accuphase+205

Edited to include Steves post

Payment by Paypal gift please
    Last edited by Hudz; 10-07-2014 at 11:08.

I'm Martin.

Bugger, photos didn't work , before i get me bum smacked by the mods photos are herehttp://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...=accuphase+205

I'm ChrisB.

Steve's description:

The E-205 was Accuphase's 'entry' level amplifier back in the day (1985 - 1989). In its first year of sale it cost a not inconsiderable £780 which works out at around £2000 in today's money. Here is the amp's specification as provided by Accuphase:

Power output: 80 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo), 110 watts per channel into 4Ω, 40 watts per channel into 16Ω
    [I]Accuphase tend to rate their amp's power outputs conservatively. The E-205 tested in the April 1986 edition of Stereoplay gave: 110 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo) and 160 watts per channel into 4Ω. This is not surprising as the amp contains a hefty transformer.

Features: In addition to five high-level inputs, there are 2 tape loops and phono MM & MC. A muting circuit, Adaptable MC 10 /30/ 100 ohms, balance adjuster, 2 switchable speaker pairs, subsonic filter, mono/stereo circuitry, TapeCopy loops in both directions, headphone output (superb by the way). BASS & TREBLE knob with insert frequencies 200/500Hz & 7/2 KHz. The speaker terminals are substantial too!

Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.02 %

Damping factor: 100

Input sensitivity: 0.09mV (MC ) , 2.8mV (MM ) 90mV (line )

Signal to noise ratio: 68dB (MC ) , 85dB (MM) , 103dB (line )

Output: 90mV (line )

Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω

Semiconductors : 66 x transistors 11 x IC , FET 24 x , 71 x diodes, 4x2 D1148 B863 power transistors, 2x22000μF Elna filter caps, Marcon, toroidal power transformer

Dimensions: 445 x 145 x 370mm

Weight: 14kg

How does it sound?
    A bit subjective this one, but, if you are after a brash, bright amplifier then I think the E-205 is not for you. I could go on at length here but let's just say that it is a very neutral sounding amplifier that reveals masses of detail within a wide and depp soundstage. Classical music, rock, jazz, etc, etc. are effortlessly taken in their stride. It's pretty powerful too having no trouble driving my greedy B&W Matrix 1's (which gobble up 100 watts at pretty modest sound levels). It's only fault is that it does not have VU meters!!!

I'm Martin.

Thanks for posting the pics Chris very decent of you, they really do show how well Steve has cared for this and humble apologies to Steve for having to sell your baby

I must admit i already know this amp is gonna join the long list of hifi that i deeply regret letting go of, but unfortunately needs must.

Possible part ex with one of those newish Chinese dac jobbies that have balanced outs

I'm ChrisB.

You're welcome.

I'm Martin.

Nudge

I'm Paul.

That looks nice.....and only 15 minutes away......
    Paul.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Thanks, it really is nice, damn shame it hasn't got pre-outs, i may yet hang onto it and save up for a preamp

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Tempted?
    I'll knock the courier fee off the price if you fancy it

I'm Paul.

Martin,id love it,but im only working part time at the minute due to personal reasons
    Is your user name down to Hudson Ave?

And id keep it if I was you,its gorgeous!
    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast