+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walker audio

I'm Paul.

I thought inside was a switch connected to a wire wrapped around a potato. If you flip the switch you get transported to another dimension.......
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    If you flip the switch you get transported to another dimension.......
    A dimension not only of sight and sound - but of mind....
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    I have a hammer and a power hacksaw available in the edit suite.

Mmmmm! Cheese scones I like a a glass of Calvados, and a double esspresso, makes any thing sound better! Still waiting for a call
    If you kept taking the piss out of me, I probably wouldn't call either. Just saying, like. Talk about expectation bias!
    ABD.

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    I thought inside was a switch connected to a wire wrapped around a potato. If you flip the switch you get transported to another dimension.......
    What you need to power it is a Brownian motion generator, like a really hot cup of tea Says the man who got a mint double album of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy for .50p in a charity shop on Saturday

Richard it's just banter, I'm interested to see if this works as much as the next man. I can see a scientific rationale for things like mains cables, burn in etc., but this eludes me and I would like to find out more.

I'm Richard.

It's banter to us, but I was a newbie once, and it takes time to understand the personalities involved. It may be a useless item ( I have no idea, I haven't even looked at the website), but I, for one, would cut some slack for a new member. And if you look at the Wigwam, there are some ferocious bullies there, sadly most of them are extremely intelligent, MAs and PhDs all round.
    As for expectation bias, it certainly exists, but it works both ways. The scientific approach is great if it opens minds, but not if it closes them; it then becomes just another religion. This may be a Peter Belt type item, but even there as I haven't tried any of his stuff I won't categorically say it doesn't work. I doubt it, but can't speak from experience.
    I have experienced enough so-called nonsense ideas*, I am loth to dismiss things untried. And I have enough "big" things to do before I would try any of them. Like finishing the damned speakers!
    Equipment stands under CD players, cables, capacitor burn in (Blackgates anyone?), absolute phase (bass transients; yes I know they aren't transients in the bass frequencies), and so on.
    I've become quite exercised for someone who doesn't really care about the item, haven't I?
    ABD.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    It's banter to us, but I was a newbie once, and it takes time to understand the personalities involved. It may be a useless item ( I have no idea, I haven't even looked at the website), but I, for one, would cut some slack for a new member. And if you look at the Wigwam, there are some ferocious bullies there, sadly most of them are extremely intelligent, MAs and PhDs all round.
    As for expectation bias, it certainly exists, but it works both ways. The scientific approach is great if it opens minds, but not if it closes them; it then becomes just another religion. This may be a Peter Belt type item, but even there as I haven't tried any of his stuff I won't categorically say it doesn't work. I doubt it, but can't speak from experience.
    I have experienced enough so-called nonsense ideas*, I am loth to dismiss things untried. And I have enough "big" things to do before I would try any of them. Like finishing the damned speakers!
    Equipment stands under CD players, cables, capacitor burn in (Blackgates anyone?), absolute phase (bass transients; yes I know they aren't transients in the bass frequencies), and so on.
    I've become quite exercised for someone who doesn't really care about the item, haven't I?
    Good points, well made. There are some very smart people out there in the world of hi-fi but being smart does not automatically equate to having high self-esteem. Consequently you get the riducule and bullying occasionally seen elsewhere. We all know that in this case this was just banter but that does not mean that it will not put off a new member.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Anthony.

Hi all, I realise this is just banter and I am big enough not to take things to heart.
    Getting back to the said topic I am willing to travel with my faithful pack of Ultra Vivid and Talisman to the darkest depths of Chiswick in return all I request is an open mind from Paul and after experimenting with his chosen musical references all I ask is an honest opinion on whether he hears a difference (hopefully improvement)
    Quite frankly I don't give 2 violent shakes of an Elks pouch how the Talisman works, all I knows is it does what Lloyd walker claims
    To add, there will be no dismantling, hitting with various tools regarding the said item and no verbal or physical abuse between the said participants
    If in agreement I will phone you tomorrow Sir Paul to arrange a meeting
    Last edited by Anthony K; 09-07-2014 at 15:26.
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony K View Post
    To add, there will be no dismantling, hitting with various tools regarding the said item and no verbal or physical abuse between the said participants
    No worries Anthony, I'll even lock the hammer in a cupboard I approach any review or investigation with an open mind, no matter how implausible I may think the proposition may be. I propose we use a basic system as first reference say a Cambridge Audio CDP and Amp and their are various speakers in the place at the moment. We can then move it up a notch to on of the the edit suite systems which are Tannoy/Yamaha. If the thing does improve matters it will be interesting to copy a file from a CD untreated, treat it copy the file and see if the changes copy over.

I know that a few years ago in the US there was an anti static device that contained polonium. It worked but was banned for safety reasons....... Now where did I put the Geiger counter

Speak to you soon

I'm Richard.

Game on then! It's a pity Plymouth is on another planet.
    ABD.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast