+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walker audio

I'm Anthony.

Richard you are absolutely right and Paul sir PM me with phone details........let's do this

I'm inthescottishmafia.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Richard.

I would be very interested in hearing the impressions of everyone involved in this afterwards. (That looks like a very unwieldy sentence!)
    I am one of those who finds measurements important, but only as support for the listening experience. That is to say, science is a good servant but a lousy master. In the final analysis, I want to enjoy what I hear, even if the measurements tell me I shouldn't. Unless safety is involved, of course.
    ABD.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    I That is to say, science is a good servant but a lousy master. .
    Very profound.

This will definately be an interesting one to follow. Don't Bogart that popcorn, Ali!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Richard.

I think the original is- "Money makes a good servant but a bad master." I just adapt it to suit.
    ABD.

I'm Adam.

This should be interesting. Is anyone going to take it apart and see what's inside it?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    I think scepticism is both healthy and necessary. But have you tried this? If not is it fair to dismiss it out of hand? I can't comment personally but here's an interesting quote on the Walker website (aside from the usual hi-fi reviewer endorsements):

“Absolutely spectacular… A mind-bogglingly accurate representation of the music as it sounded when it was recorded.” Keith Jarrett, world-renown musician
    Did Jarrett hear the results, before and after, the application of this device?
    Barry

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Did Jarrett hear the results, before and after, the application of this device?
    Jarrett is of course a Christian Scientist and believes in the power of prayer over matter, even to the point of repairing broken legs If that isn't a massive case of expectation bias, I don't know what is

If as claimed this thing de gausses cartridges and speakers, surely that would not improve them but stop them from working...... Just sayin'. Still waiting for the call.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    This should be interesting. Is anyone going to take it apart and see what's inside it?
    Wouldn't be surprised to find a very small cheese scone inside. Eating a cheese scone always improves the sound of my system.

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I have a hammer and a power hacksaw available in the edit suite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kipling View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to find a very small cheese scone inside. Eating a cheese scone always improves the sound of my system.
    Mmmmm! Cheese scones I like a a glass of Calvados, and a double esspresso, makes any thing sound better! Still waiting for a call

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast