+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walker audio

I'm Anthony.

Default Walker audio

This is by far the most eye opening tweak for me The Walker audio Talisman.
    I was shocked by the added weight,depth and improvements to timbre.
    Anyone else using one?

I'm Gone.

Sorry Anthony, but that is beyond foo, it's even beyond BS there is no way this device can do as claimed, if it works the way they claim. Unless of course it exists in a paralleluniverse where our laws of physics don't occur. You could possibly earth static, but you could not degauss a magnetic field without an alternating field and this would require either AC or DC and some kind of oscillator. I understand the expectation element when apiece of foo costs £200.00 but this seems very Peter Belt top me On the other hand, I could sell you some snake oil to rub into your speaker cables if you really want to improve the sound

I'm Geoff.

I found waving a bacon sandwich over my records enhanced things tremendously.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Sorry Anthony, but that is beyond foo, it's even beyond BS there is no way this device can do as claimed, if it works the way they claim.
    I think scepticism is both healthy and necessary. But have you tried this? If not is it fair to dismiss it out of hand? I can't comment personally but here's an interesting quote on the Walker website (aside from the usual hi-fi reviewer endorsements):

“Absolutely spectacular… A mind-bogglingly accurate representation of the music as it sounded when it was recorded.” Keith Jarrett, world-renown musician
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Anthony.

I say do not judge till you try
    It wasn't that long ago people we're saying the same about interconnects and mains cable
    I have my system plugged into a Isotek orion, the sound improved
    Added a vertex jaya, the sound improved , placed a carbon fibre precision mat on top of cd , again large improvement , sort cones under components , more but the combo of walker audio ultravivid and talisman was the largest jump. Quite frankly I don't care how it works......it works well

I'm Gone.

I tried blind testing a number of these things back in the day and they were all cobblers! I tried the belt tweaks and all the rest, just nonsense. Don't get me wrong things like the Densen DeMag CD do work in my system and I have seen others detect the result in proper blind tests. i have demonstrated that the Blue Horizon burn in box (and one I made myself) work. But this has no power source (unless it's magically linked to Hilbert space or something) so how does it generate an effect?

I'm Anthony.

Thanks for the input Jeff. I see your in London, if you wanna try it just say

I'm Anthony.

sir I see you have a healthy replay system, so I do not doubt your thoughts or opinions
    When I purchased it I had serious doubts it would work at all but I was pleasantly surprised

I'm Gone.

Ok Anthony you're in SW London I'm in Chiswick in West London, bring it over to the studio, we can set up a system with a range of kit and have a listen and measure the results. i'm game if you are.

I'm Richard.

Do it Anthony, but afterwards make up your own mind. It doesn't matter if no-one else hears it as long as you are happy.
    ABD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast