+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Croft Series 7 monos

I'm Grant.

Good to hear your super mega happy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Good to hear your super mega happy
    Cheers Grant. Spent quite a few years putting my system together and this was always in the plan but as it all costs so much money it had to be one of the last pieces of the jigsaw.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Brian.

Having heard your excellent system recently James , I must admit that this result was a tad unexpected . Your system was sounding so good and so perfectly balanced in your room when I heard it that I must say I thought it would be difficult to improve on it . You took a chance by buying the second power amp and it has paid off so well done . It's just a shame that I'm not nearer and could pop round for an hour or two to have a listen .
    For those who haven't heard James system , it was one of the most nicely balanced and beguiling systems I have ever heard . This new setup must sound very very good indeed
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

Thanks for your kind comments regarding my system Brian. I am extremely sensitive to changing components or equipment in my system as it shows up straight away, hence I have kept it very simple but carefully set up and tweaked for a long period. I only change or add major bits rarely and they have to earn their place by enhancing what I have in a positive way. I am not looking for different but an obvious improvement which is a difficult balance to achieve.

Using two Croft amps simple gave me more of everything I have in a better way. Rarely nowadays does the hair stand up on the back of my arms when I listen to something new but it did at the weekend. That beguiling aspect of the system was even more liquid and transparent but still kept all the detail and visceral impact when needed. As Alan mentioned earlier you don't know what hash or distortions is there in your system until you remove it!

The Croft mono configuration is certainly another step towards audio nirvana for me. Addictive, compelling and beguiling with a live realism that even astonished me, especially on vocals and cleanly recorded instruments.

You can judge it for yourself again hopefully one day Brian.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Shaun.

My plan for last year was to buy a pair of Croft Series Seven monoblocks but in the end I spent a good deal more on a Prima Luna power amp as I wanted to go the whole valve route. I also bought a Prima Luna phono preamp as well. My only problem with the power amp is that it weighs 30kg and is a bugger if it needs moving. Other than that, I think I made the correct choice. Of course I'll never truly know though.

I'm ahto.

I'm streaming Tidal Hifi via a Raspberry Pi3 + PiDac+ into a pair of Croft 7R monos and don't know whether to laugh or cry. straight into the monos, well recorded sound is almost *too* vibrant, alive & present. routed via the Croft MegaMicro II preamp, the slam subsides, but voices especially take on a very sumptuous, spatial quality. for the first time I think I know what "euphony" means in this context. maybe there are two different nirvanas.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm inthescottishmafia.

So the preamp is not transparent then?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm ahto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    So the preamp is not transparent then?
    no. the voices sound "more real" with the preamp, according to a just-departed guest who played his own songs.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm James.

Could I ask Ahto how you position your monoblocks, do you stack or separate them. Also do you plug them into separate wall sockets?

A picture of your system would be great if you would be kind enough to put one up?

I'm ahto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Could I ask Ahto how you position your monoblocks, do you stack or separate them. Also do you plug them into separate wall sockets?

A picture of your system would be great if you would be kind enough to put one up?
    pleasure, though the picture isn't the best. I have them side by side in a thick DIY rack made out of slabs of wood (I find it significantly improves the sound of valve gear especially). I've also placed little cutouts from a sheet of sound isolation material under the monos' individual feet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g66wq87ccd...8_Pro.jpg?dl=0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast