+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Croft Series 7 monos

I'm James.

Default Croft Series 7 monos

Is anyone using the Croft Series 7 mono blocks and are they worth upgrading to from the Stereo series 7 amp or are they only useful in certain applications?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

I await this thread with baited breath as I'd like a set!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Richard.

Wrong thread?
    ABD.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Is anyone using the Croft Series 7 mono blocks and are they worth upgrading to from the Stereo series 7 amp or are they only useful in certain applications?
    They are useful in all applications.. The Croft mono's will fry your noodle compared to the straight 7.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Andrew.

Why?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Why?
    Did you mean me? If so, then this- "Turntables and all analogue SOURCE equipment and ancillaries."
    I'm not bothered, but it might fly better in the appropriate sub-forum.
    If not me, then as you were!
    ABD.

I'm James.

Hey Joe, Did you have the 7 Mono,s or 7R Mono's?

I don't really need more power but i am thinking of upgrading my Series 7 and was wondering if I would get a more significant improvement in SQ using mono 7's rather than a stereo 7R?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Why?
    Below...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hey Joe, Did you have the 7 Mono,s or 7R Mono's?

I don't really need more power but i am thinking of upgrading my Series 7 and was wondering if I would get a more significant improvement in SQ using mono 7's rather than a stereo 7R?
    Not had them but I've heard the 7R mono's.

I've had the 7R stereo amp and that was superb!!! The mono's bring better defined bass, better seperation etc. I really liked them but in the end I missed the sound of BIG output valves so I went with those.

But don't get me wrong, the mono's do have a big sound and plenty of welly but big output valves (when done properly) gives me that little bit more punch. The 7 version of the mono's will still bring better separation and improved SQ I should imagine and everything else but the 'R' version gives the sound a much more refined and controlled signature IMO. - I'm sure others have their experiences in what comes with the R badge but that's what I felt.

I think it's a good move to get your current amp upgraded (with it's extra half) to the mono's - See what you think, then if you decide to go for the R then get those upgraded later.

Can you get to hear some?
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 25-06-2014 at 18:46.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Below...

Not had them but I've heard the 7R mono's.

I've had the 7R stereo amp and that was superb!!! The mono's bring better defined bass, better seperation etc. I really liked them but in the end I missed the sound of BIG output valves so I went with those.

But don't get me wrong, the mono's do have a big sound and plenty of welly but big output valves (when done properly) gives me that little bit more punch. The 7 version of the mono's will still bring better separation and improved SQ I should imagine and everything else but the 'R' version gives the sound a much more refined and controlled signature IMO. - I'm sure others have their experiences in what comes with the R badge but that's what I felt.

I think it's a good move to get your current amp upgraded (with it's extra half) to the mono's - See what you think, then if you decide to go for the R then get those upgraded later.

Can you get to hear some?
    Tricky getting to hear some Joe as i think Glenn makes most to order and don,t think there are that many out there. Need to try with my system aswell.
    I am with you regarding big valves, they do sound a bit more effortless and open. Pity Glenn does not build his all valve OTL amps anymore they were very good indeed in that respect.dakshini.jpg

I'm Josie.

That's true, James.

But Glenn will service and update the OTL's accordingly - Might be worth having a look around.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast