+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Caiman II - my review and observations

I'm Martin.

I couldn't agree more, this is a very special DAC and for the money a complete bargain, well done Stan and his help and advice is second to none.

Marty
    Source: Wadia 170 iTransport
    Apple iPod 120MB/160MB, Apple iMac/Airport Express, Musical Fidelity X-RAY CD player,
    Beresford Caiman SEG with Dorado power supply
    Amplification: ATC SCA2 Pre
    Speaker: ATC SCM 50 ASL Classic
    Other cables, power supplies: Chord Signature, Mike Homar, Mark Grant G1000HD, RFC Reference Mercury, 20000mAH Ankaka battery
    Favourite HIFI forum: AOS of course

I'm Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    I'll feedback more when it's had a few days of 'burn-in'...

You might be interested in the battery I found for it:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...uct_refresh_T1
    23000 mAH plus solar recharge.
    I just need to make a longer cable so I can leave it charging in the window while playing music

:
    Respect! That is a very cool solution. Great fun .
    Last edited by Darren; 28-03-2015 at 21:01. Reason: retardation
    The Man with the suit and the pace. Knee deep in the dead.

I'm Neil.

Default Caiman II - my review and observations

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    My usual promise applies to the Caiman MKII as with any promises made with my previous DACs. If you can't hear a clear and obvious night and day improvement between the Caiman MKII and any other DAC, you can send the Caiman back to me . I even linked to some test files in another thread where I pointed out that you can finally tell the difference between mp3, FLAC, and WAV on playback. It has been the Holy Grail of DAC designs, and the Caiman MKII finally makes it possible to hear that difference.
    Stan can you please drop the marketing speak I was blind testing between MP3 & lossless years ago to find it does make a difference, it's hardly a revelation that your DAC is transparent enough to hear the differences i.e. you can tell the difference with all good DACs and a good enough system behind it. I would be very surprised if people couldn't hear the difference on the Bushmaster DACs between lossy and lossless files.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 29-03-2015 at 12:56.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Stan can you please drop the marketing speak I was blind testing between MP3 & lossless years ago to find it does make a difference, it's hardly a revelation that your DAC is transparent enough to hear the differences i.e. you can tell the difference with all good DACs and a good enough system behind it. I would be very surprised if people couldn't hear the difference on the Bushmaster DACs between lossy and lossless files.
    Why such an aggressive tone towards me and my DACs? What would you like me to say instead? Would you prefer that I wrote:"Here is yet another DAC from my stable, just like any other DAC on the market." That's far from the truth.

I'm Geoff.

Neil. This is the Trade area and you are in 'Beresford Banter' here. You can't expect Stan to 'dumb down' his products, so to speak.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

On a positive note, and with absolute honesty.. I wouldn't consider changing this Dac for anything. Not a chance, not for a second.

Was playing Vincent Ingala, Peter White and Nicholas Cole albums last night ( not at the same time ).....breath-taking clarity, musicality...one very very happy customer. Love it.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Neil. This is the Trade area and you are in 'Beresford Banter' here. You can't expect Stan to 'dumb down' his products, so to speak.
    To be a pedant, are you sure it's the trade area? It's only in the Digital part of the forum. Not that I have a problem with Stan promoting his great products here, just that it might cause confusion to say it this is the trade area as well as the Trade Impressions area.

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by Stresss42 View Post
    On a positive note, and with absolute honesty.. I wouldn't consider changing this Dac for anything. Not a chance, not for a second.

Was playing Vincent Ingala, Peter White and Nicholas Cole albums last night ( not at the same time ).....breath-taking clarity, musicality...one very very happy customer. Love it.

+1

jon

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    To be a pedant, are you sure it's the trade area? It's only in the Digital part of the forum. Not that I have a problem with Stan promoting his great products here, just that it might cause confusion to say it this is the trade area as well as the Trade Impressions area.
    I accept your point.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I accept your point.
    I can sympathise with Geoff though,not that it matters but i mentioned many moons ago there's too many samey kinda theme rooms in AoS.
    Frank...made me do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast