+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steve Hackett live at The Royal Albert Hall DVD

I'm Steve.

Default Steve Hackett live at The Royal Albert Hall DVD

I'm Andr'e.

Saw him as part of the Classic Rock Society, Rotherham years ago{ about 10 mins from our pad..}

I'm Anto.

Sorry to visit the thread so late

Having been a massive Genesis fan , albeit Selling England By The Pound -onwards , I have steered away from viewing too much alternative Genesis stuff !!
    But largely thanks to You Tube , and my budget AV system , partly thanks to Jachawk and his Marantz amp he gave me I have been watching all the Steve Hackett /Genesis Revisited vids on there !

I have to admit at first to being unsure about the performances , Nad Sylvan especially , but Steve Hackett has me firmly in his grip now ,and I spent most time watching and listening to them !!
    Great stuff , Amanda Leeman , Gary Otoole and Roger King - sublime stuff and very very enjoyable ,once you have got past the stigma of change

I must get a copy of the DVD
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Ian.

I've always really liked the Spectral Mornings album, so subtle and delicate and then real hard pumping rock.....brilliant
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Barry.

The Genesis revisited II gig I saw at Liverpool is one of the bests gigs I've been to , every song note perfect and Nad Sylvan's vocals were excellent , also the drummer was a great singer Blood On The Rooftops was superb.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    The Genesis revisited II gig I saw at Liverpool is one of the bests gigs I've been to , every song note perfect and Nad Sylvan's vocals were excellent , also the drummer was a great singer Blood On The Rooftops was superb.
    Superb!!! I would love to go and see them ,although I doubt my Mrs would appreciate it !! lol
    Nad is brilliant I agree , just takes a quick adjustment at first. Gary OToole on drums is boundless energy itself !!

I'm Anto.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    I would love to go and see them ,although I doubt my Mrs would appreciate it !! lol
    I gave up asking my Mrs years ago , I just go on my own .

+ Reply to Thread