Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

PLEASE do something!

Look at the latest / top 6 threads not one of them is talking about the subject they were supposed to address, they are all talking about Ashley and AVI. They are all now off topic.

What do we have to do to get our forum back?

I shouldn't worry about it Richard, they'll soon get tired of me and I'm nearly out of things to say anyway.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Richard,

Like I've said before it's your forum, so if you've got any suggestions to make to admin, I'm all ears

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

I for one am getting a bit tired of some of this crap......

Think I might hang around 'elsewhere' for a wee while.

Nighty night...
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Richard,

Like I've said before it's your forum, so if you've got any suggestions to make to admin, I'm all ears

Marco.
    I think I will take you up on your offer temp, at least then I can keep them out of one thread until you do something generally to sort it.

I'm gone.

Ban Ashley and his nasty JC Bum drongo - all they do is turn everything into marketing for AVI - obnoxiously so, in the case of Mr Bum. You know it makes sense!

I'd be happy to post a bit more then (Gosh, they cry, how gracious of him ) - it's all a bit pointless at the moment -and I really do hate to be used as marketing fodder for Ashley.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your feedback, and I understand your concerns.

I can't ban for people for discussing their products or referring to them, albeit somewhat, erm, 'too enthusiastically'. As I'm sure you'll appreciate, it isn't really a ban-able offence.

What I will do though, as I'm getting more and more complaints about this, is ban any further discussion about AVI or its products on existing threads. I will only permit AVI or its products to be mentioned on new threads if it's appropriate or to new members specifically asking about their products.

How's that as a fair compromise?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Marco I think you know that I'm not trying to market AVI and that JC is an enthusiastic customer who doesn't even have an agency.

This is not the place to market anything, however ADM9s are a hot product right now, they've caused tremendous interest and controversy and they are selling in substantial quantities. As a result an argument has been raging for a year on Hi Fi Wigwam and I've never once contributed to it, it's simply the inevitable fall out from product that breaks with tradition. Accusing me of marketing on any Forum is just pointless bitching, it won't stop the row and it may increase traffic on this one, it increased PF's uniques by 25% and there have been 25,000 odd viewings on Wigwam. There aren't that many products around that could do that.

I'd far rather discuss all things audio and answer the odd question about ADM9s and I believe that if the whingers shut up and ignored the subject instead of trying to make trouble, the whole issue would die a death.

And JCBrum's latest Post is a hell of a lot more amusing than the tosh Richard spouts.
    Last edited by Ashley James; 20-03-2008 at 09:55.

Ashley,

Please see the lastest message in the notice board. I have to listen to what the majority of our members want.

Regards,
    Marco.
    Main System

I don't mind buggering off and never coming back, I've got fans too you know, and I've been thrown out of better places than this !

If you ban discussion of AVI and leave it free to discuss Nene Valley Audio, and Pure Sound, then it puts a pretty big label on this forum with respect to it's objectives, and the opinions of it's members. It's not a label I'd be proud to be associated with.

You can't govern by censorship and free speech is essential to mental health.

I'm all for allowing Richard to rant at me as much as he likes, if you segregate the membership, then it makes his rant pointless, and devalues every remark by anyone on the whole forum.

I'm quite happy with anyone coming into my room and saying their piece. It's only a hifi forum, and like a hifi set, you can always turn it off.

Get real.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast