+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beresford TC-7510 or TC-7520 for my system?

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by aewright78 View Post
    I am assuming I should avoid using the hard drive's internal DAC.
    Hi Adam

I agree with you on the above point.

The rest is puzzling to say the least. From what you describe there is a definite synchronization issue, but from which end (Iomega or Primare) ?

Are there any GUI interfaces that you can address the Iomega with ?

I would think that the Primare is pretty a well closed and locked shop !

Possibly the only way around the problem is to deal with signal in the analogue domain, in which case I retract the question.

Confused ?

I am !

Chris

Default DAC Synchronization Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Hi Adam

I agree with you on the above point.

The rest is puzzling to say the least. From what you describe there is a definite synchronization issue, but from which end (Iomega or Primare) ?

Are there any GUI interfaces that you can address the Iomega with ?

I would think that the Primare is pretty a well closed and locked shop !

Possibly the only way around the problem is to deal with signal in the analogue domain, in which case I retract the question.

Confused ?

I am !

Chris

Chris, both the Iomega & Primare are connected to my television to access the Menus, Options, etc. But I have not seen anything for either component that will address this issue.

I have reason to believe the issue is with the Primare because I have the same problem if I use a CD player or DVD player with a digital connection to the Primare. I do not have this issue when I use analog connections, but then I am sacrificing audio quality by using the DAC from the CD player or DVD player.

Suggestions anyone...please???

-Adam

Quote Originally Posted by aewright78 View Post
    Chris, thank you for your response. I agree it would be better to avoid an external DAC, ...
    It depends if you are after an improvement in audio reproduction over that what you are getting from your existing system, or if you are just after hearing music play. The purpose of an external DAC is after all the same purpose a stand alone turntable has over a music center with a turntable on top.

The 5 seconds delay you are experiencing might be down to the muting circuit in one of the units. It wouldn't be down to any D to A delays.

Stan

Good morning Stan,

I am looking to improve the audio reproduction, but at the same time I am looking to solve the issue of the 5 seconds of missed information. Will the DAC solve that issue, as does running an analog source through my system?

Thank you again!

Sincerely,

-Adam

I would expect it to. PM me and we can discuss about a loan unit to confirm.

Stan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12