+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Technics SL-1210 Mk 2

I'm Eugenio.

Default My Technics SL-1210 Mk 2

Hi all!
    I'm new to this forum, and I hope that to introduce my Techie should be the right way to begin.

This is the third one I have, the first one was a SL 1200 bough used from a friend of mine more than ten years ago but sold because a substantial inactivity.
    The second one was a SL 1210 bought new, some years ago, that has been upgraded with Kabusa damping fluid and Kabusa Clamp, and also a different mat (was Donut + Speed by Extremephono).
    It was quite good but I have replaced it with a DPS II der plattenspieler, that was a great turntable (was my golden hifi era, when I was an audiophile). So the DPS has been replaced by a very rare Benz Turntable (mostly based on Empire Troubadour, with and acrilyc plinth and some mods).

Than a series of strange circumstances made me buy another Technics, in very good contitions tah have been unused for the last 15 years... This turntable belonged to a priest that when was a young was a dj.

So I've started again with this Technics. I have installed again the Kabusa silicon damper and in a quite short time I have bought some items in graphite: headshell, mat and a clamp.
    Also I've made a base similar to the one of DPS der Plattenspieler: a granite base resting on a mat in rubbery material, that works well.
    And the last upgrade that has been made is the set of Isonoe feet + their sorbothane boots, that brought another small improvement.

In the next days / weeks a new improvement should arrive, regarding arm and armboard.

Here is it...

I'm Chris.

Good looking Techy! But I think you have tighten the Isonoe feet way too much. The padding shuould not be pressed in like yours...
    isonoe.jpg

Turntable 1: Technics SL1210M5G/ KAB PSU/ KAB Fluid Damper
    Turntable 2: Rega P3 (new) Tangospinner & dual belt/ Rega Neo
    Amplifier: Rega Elex-R
    RIAA: Rega Fono mk3 & Schiit Mani
    Speaker: Klipsch RP280f
    Cartridge: Rega Exact & Nagaoka MP-110

I'm Andrei.

Eugenio
    Hello from New Zealand. That is an interesting story and I hope your new Technics 1200 journey will be a good one. Thanks for the pictures, they are always welcome.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Eugenio.

@Chris: thank you for information, I unscrewed the Isonoe feet a little.

@Andrei: thanks for your comment

I'm Eugenio.

@Chris thanks again for the tip, now the turntable is really damped.

I think the least I can do to thank you is to post a photo of the final result (sorry for the crap pic)

I'm Chris.

Hi eu_73.

That is how I have my Isonoe footers too. Not fully screwed in and on sorbotane feet. Next I will order the sorbotane feet that fits the Isonoes.

Good work and thanks for the photos

I'm Eugenio.

Hi Chris,
    I'm doing the reverse path: now my Technics is without Isonoe sorbothane feet, and Isonoe feet rest directly on the granite base.
    Now it seems to sounds a bit more clear, and also with a small increase in the sense of rhythm.
    Try to remove your sorbothane feet below Isonoe feet, and please tell me what are your impressions.

I'm Chris.

I did try it. But because I live in a house with wooden floor the Isonoe made the techy jumpy. With the sorbotan it sounds great. I will order the sorbotan feet from Mains Cables soon.

I'm Kevin.

I have Techniboots on my Isonone feet, with the deck being supported on a rack on a suspended wooden floor. The Techniboots helped my set up, but I am hoping for a wall shelf soon.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have Techniboots on my Isonone feet, with the deck being supported on a rack on a suspended wooden floor. The Techniboots helped my set up, but I am hoping for a wall shelf soon.
    I've the exact same set up Kevin howeverI also have a wall shelf but haven't fitted it yet, I bought it in January from a guy on the Wam but my wife has decided that we are doing up the living room so I didn't want to mount the shelf until that work was completed.

That could take a couple of years though judging by how slow we are at 'doing up' rooms

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast