+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheapest upgrade ever ?

I'm Paul.

Cut your ears off. Place one in the guvnors chair and one in the chair on the right. Problem solved.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Got to thinking, yes call me Mr Impetuous

Very quick test today

Playing Psychedelic Furs
    Sit in my chair - ok
    Sit in the guvnor's chair, better
    Sit in the chair on her right - in the corner of the room
    Pretty good, not far off and probably still better than my chair !

More experimentation required

OK?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    move the stereo a bit
    Way easier to move the chairs. Fortunately we have a big room
    Not a lot I can do with the kit position and the work involved is a bit much, Mana racks and soundbases spiked into everything
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by twickers View Post
    Cut your ears off. Place one in the guvnors chair and one in the chair on the right. Problem solved.
    May not go for that
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post

OK?
    Hadn't thought about a hat ....

and facing the corner
    Hmmmm

Mike

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Hadn't thought about a hat ....

and facing the corner
    Hmmmm
    You'd have to reverse the speaker leads.

I'm Mike.

Of course !

Mike

Is there a wall behind you that may be reflecting back at you and causing some sort of cancellation - even a few feet away, not immediately behind you?

I put reflections traps on the ceiling in a diamond shape (two "L"s) and there's been a great improvement with late reflections here too. Noting I can do about the wall behind my sofa

Peter

I'm Mike.

The chairs are parallel to the walls and hifi.

Apart from furniture the only main thing is the right hand chair is much closer to the right hand wall, so maybe good reflections

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12