+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap replacement CD player

I'm ILOB.

The Philips CD 630 is a good model you can get for about £40 on ebay
    I use mine as a transport and out performs my Blu ray DVD player and computer which both sound good But I have not tried it as a stand alone player
    http://www.lampizator.eu/lampizator/...41A%20DAC.html
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Yiangos.

I've read some very good comments for a new,entry level, Rotel cd player.can't remember where but can find out if you are interested.Rotels are not my cup of tea but if you can try one,what the heck !

Default Panasonic S series DVD players

Quote Originally Posted by foxysounds View Post
    Hi TechnicsFan,

As I said above, I don't use an external DAC in my second system and in my experience the DACs in DVD players tend not to be so great. I guess this makes sense since most people (or at least most audiophiles) will connect their DVD player either to an external DAC or to the DAC built into their surround amp.

Simon.
    Simon,

you might be surprised by DVD players. I have a Panasonic S53. Like you, I never took the audio in DVD players seriously. But this device blew me away. I couldn't believe how good it sounded. I googled the Panasonic S series and found that a few audiophiles have also noticed. The Pannys are good, and cheap! You should give them a try.
    David

iTunes 7,PowerMac G4 733, Mac OS X 10.4.11, Airport Express, Beresford TC-7520 (Dual LM4562NAs) MLC5/6 clipped, 36K and 100nf cap mod, Behringer EP2000, Cambridge Soundworks Tower II

I'm Simon.

Thanks for all the useful input everyone. I ordered the Tangent CDP50 which Chris pointed out. I'll let you know how I find it. If it's no good I'll sell it on and come back to this thread for more inspiration.

Thanks again,

Simon.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.
    System 3 (portable): Cayin N3
    My website: Foxysounds website
    My music: Foxysounds music

I'm Simon.

Well, the CDP-50 arrived yesterday and after allowing it some burn-in time I've done a quick review which you can read here if you're interested.

Thanks again for pointing this out Chris.

Simon.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.
    System 3 (portable): Cayin N3
    My website: Foxysounds website
    My music: Foxysounds music

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12