+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tascam DA20 MkII

I'm Jason.

Default Tascam DA20 MkII

Getting rid of my unused DAT machine. It's spent it's life in a rack in a video edit suite, been lightly used and is in good condition. There are some light superficial marks on the fascia but I'd be happy to have it in my HiFi rack.

It has all the usual DAT features, a full description can be found here...

The instruction manual is included. It comes with removable rackmount ears. It'll be boxed very well for insured delivery. Oh, and I'll chuck in 4 new DAT tapes I have lying around.

£80 inc P&P

Jason
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Peter.

Does this play 90m without trouble (like the DA20 does but the DA30 doesn't)?
    Peter

I'm Nick.

Peter,

I've got one and it's played 90m tapes fine. I used DDS1 tapes for quite a while without any issues. The MkII is a good machine, IMO!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Jason.

Peter,

To be honest with you I'd have to say I don't know - most of my use has been in using it for voiceover sessions, I've used 90 and 124 tapes in it without any problems, and I wasn't aware of any issues with the model - so I'll have to defer to Beechwood's superior knowledge.

I've some photos somewhere I can mail you if interested.

Jason
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Peter.

hmm - I'm tempted but I don't think I can afford it. I have a DA20 and a slightly broken DA30. Both are excellent. Justifying a third deck will be difficult! I need to think about it further.
    Peter

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    Peter,

I've got one and it's played 90m tapes fine. I used DDS1 tapes for quite a while without any issues. The MkII is a good machine, IMO!
    Thanks Nick. That's exactly what I wanted to know. The reason for asking is that the DA30 really doesn't like 90m tapes, which is very irritating. It's good to know the DA20 mkII doesn't suffer from this problem.
    Peter

I'm Jason.

Peter,

If it's any help I'm in Somerset, just off J23. You'd be more than welcome to come and see it and collect, and I'd knock £15 off (as that's what I'd guesstimated for postage)

Jason
    ----------------------

Hi Jason, PM sent.

I'm Jason.

PM sent back!!

Jason
    ----------------------

I'm Jason.

Sold!

Jason
    ----------------------

+ Reply to Thread