+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aurorasound PREDA Line level control amplifier

I'm Guy.

Default Aurorasound PREDA Line level control amplifier

Pure Sound is pleased to announce the UK arrival of the Japanese made Aurorasound PREDA line level Control Amplifier.

PREDA is a solid state preamplifier with analogue IN / OUT and employs a state-of-the-art autoformer type volume control system. The transformer taps are switched using super-reliable reed relays from UK manufacturer Pickering Interfaces and incorporates 54-steps allowing precise setting with perfect Infrared remote control. Unlike the conventional resistive attenuator, this transformer system loses no part of the signal as heat and enables more accurate control of the listening level. PREDA also includes Aurorasound’s newly developed discrete amp-modules which feature exceptional bandwidth and ultra low distortion. It can balance input signal sources and drive any type of power amplifier with excellent signal control. PREDA was developed adopting a completely new modular concept and deploys independent blocks comprising power supply, input and output stages for each L/R channel. A heavy duty solid aluminum chassis, extruded knobs and anti-vibration isolating feet are employed to achieve the highest levels of musical performance, operation and aesthetics.

Features

6 Inputs. 2 x Balanced via XLR, 4 single ended via RCA sockets

2 Outputs. 1 x Balanced via XLR, 1 single ended via RCA sockets

All RCA sockets are Rhodium plated.

Maximum 10 dB Gain

54 step transformer attenuation switched via UK made Pickering Interfaces reed relays.

Input selection, volume level, balance & phase reversal all accessible via IR remote control.

Newly developed wideband (12MHz) gain modules for input/output buffering.

Fully independent L/R architecture for true dual mono operation.

Substantial aluminium casework & isolation feet.

UK RRP £7999.95

For further details or to arrange a trial contact Pure Sound on +44 (0) 1822 612449
    email info@puresound.info or visit the website at www.puresound.info

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Very nice, Guy. I like

If it sounds as good as their phonostage, it'll be something special indeed!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Very nice, Guy. I like

If it sounds as good as their phonostage, it'll be something special indeed!

Marco.
    Thanks Marco. It is a very nice sounding linestage & does share some characteristics with the Vida.

Both should be in use at the upcoming Cranage Hall show in June.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool - depending on what I'm up to, I'll try and swing past that one

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Guy.

A nice review of the Preda from the current issue of HiFi News. (Download here)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/gulrs0...nd_Reprint.pdf

Call on 01822 612449 to arrange an audition.
    Last edited by pure sound; 18-09-2014 at 22:38.

I'm Guy.

I'm Phil.

good to meet guy at Bristol show and he was mentioning this pre . hope to try it sometime . not often mentioned these days but worth a listen
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread