+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aurorasound PREDA Line level control amplifier

I'm Guy.

Default Aurorasound PREDA Line level control amplifier

Pure Sound is pleased to announce the UK arrival of the Japanese made Aurorasound PREDA line level Control Amplifier.

PREDA is a solid state preamplifier with analogue IN / OUT and employs a state-of-the-art autoformer type volume control system. The transformer taps are switched using super-reliable reed relays from UK manufacturer Pickering Interfaces and incorporates 54-steps allowing precise setting with perfect Infrared remote control. Unlike the conventional resistive attenuator, this transformer system loses no part of the signal as heat and enables more accurate control of the listening level. PREDA also includes Aurorasound’s newly developed discrete amp-modules which feature exceptional bandwidth and ultra low distortion. It can balance input signal sources and drive any type of power amplifier with excellent signal control. PREDA was developed adopting a completely new modular concept and deploys independent blocks comprising power supply, input and output stages for each L/R channel. A heavy duty solid aluminum chassis, extruded knobs and anti-vibration isolating feet are employed to achieve the highest levels of musical performance, operation and aesthetics.

Features

6 Inputs. 2 x Balanced via XLR, 4 single ended via RCA sockets

2 Outputs. 1 x Balanced via XLR, 1 single ended via RCA sockets

All RCA sockets are Rhodium plated.

Maximum 10 dB Gain

54 step transformer attenuation switched via UK made Pickering Interfaces reed relays.

Input selection, volume level, balance & phase reversal all accessible via IR remote control.

Newly developed wideband (12MHz) gain modules for input/output buffering.

Fully independent L/R architecture for true dual mono operation.

Substantial aluminium casework & isolation feet.

UK RRP £7999.95

For further details or to arrange a trial contact Pure Sound on +44 (0) 1822 612449
    email info@puresound.info or visit the website at www.puresound.info

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Very nice, Guy. I like

If it sounds as good as their phonostage, it'll be something special indeed!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Very nice, Guy. I like

If it sounds as good as their phonostage, it'll be something special indeed!

Marco.
    Thanks Marco. It is a very nice sounding linestage & does share some characteristics with the Vida.

Both should be in use at the upcoming Cranage Hall show in June.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool - depending on what I'm up to, I'll try and swing past that one

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Guy.

A nice review of the Preda from the current issue of HiFi News. (Download here)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/gulrs0...nd_Reprint.pdf

Call on 01822 612449 to arrange an audition.
    Last edited by pure sound; 18-09-2014 at 22:38.

I'm Guy.

I'm Phil.

good to meet guy at Bristol show and he was mentioning this pre . hope to try it sometime . not often mentioned these days but worth a listen
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/onkyo sacd /bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc xlr/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/verity audio rienzi speakers

+ Reply to Thread