1 12.50%

0 0%

1 12.50%

2 25.00%

0 0%

3 37.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Album Club - Week 145: 13/05/2014: The Cardigans - Long Gone Before Daylight (2004)

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Sorry it didn't hit the spot for you Baz, but if there is one thing that gives me satisfaction from Album Club it is introducing someone to an album I am passionate about and them enjoying or even loving it - so well made up from Mark & Lawrence's comments - cheers guys, glad you enjoyed it.
    I'm really enjoying Album Club, it's a great way to get introduced to different artists, like them or not. I find that there is always something to like/take away from music, even if it doesn't fully connect with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Well I have played this once so far, but found it on Amazon for £1.62 so have just ordered it. I'll vote and report back once I have heard it properly. I wasn't grabbed by the first few tracks, but it improved as the album went on and there is some good songwriting here. I do kind of get the Sheryl Crow connection, but for me I was put in mind of what a young Lucinda Williams would have sounded like?
    Yeah, Sheryl Crow just kind of popped out to both my wife and I as we were listening. As for Lucinda Williams, I'll have to listen to some of her music and see.
    Source Components: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC w/Ortofon 2MRed-Squeezebox Classic and Cubietruck running Android and LMS via Squeezeplayer App-Cambridge Audio Azur 940 Integrated Amp
    Speakers: Hawthorne Audio Duet Open Baffle
    Headphones and Associated Equipment: Beresford MKII DAC-Schiit Magni-MrSpeakers Mad Dog Pro

My Personal/Photography Blog - http://www.marksinderson.com

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Well I enjoyed this more the second time around and I was going to give it a 7, but after hearing it again I'm bumping it up to 8/10 and it was a bargain at only £1.62 from Amazon Marketplace. Sheryl Crow is spot on too after hearing it again, but the later tracks where Nina's voice is a little more smokey still puts me in mind of what a young Lucinda W might have sounded like - I think it's her vocal style more than anything though.

Anyway, ta Alex another good album to add to my collection. I have 2 Cardigans now, this and Gran Turismo
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Lawrence.

I'd love to get this on vinyl but the only source I can find is Discogs with the lowest price over £100.

MartinT Guest

You can get Nina Persson's latest solo album on vinyl and I highly recommend it.

I'm paul.

I have never been a big fan and this did not change that opinion . It's
    Pleasant enough but it just drifts by me ,
    5/10
    Paul
    Truth is always new, totally unknown, and unknowable. The mind must come to it without any demand, without any knowledge,without any wish; it must be empty, completely naked. Then only truth may happen. But you cannot invite it.
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

I'm Lee.

Alex, I bought this album after reading about it being in Manic Street Preachers bassist Nicky Wire's top ten. http://thequietus.com/articles/13448...vourite-albums

I need to give it a good listen.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Lee.

Well, well. What a great album. Brilliant, sometimes heartbreaking lyrics coupled with a sensitive backing.

I'll give it 8/10 but that could rise on more listens.

I've now ordered Nina's first A Camp album. Will probably get Super Extra Gravity too!
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12