+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Lampizator Level 7

I'm Justin.

They "looked" as NOS as hell. The boxes look very old but the cardboard condition is otherwise fine. The protective paper/cardboard inside looked like the valves had hardly, if ever been taken out, but they had been, as they had the seller's measurement stickers on.

Ran them in the 45/101D switch position. Filaments emit a normal glow, even with the recent rapid deterioration in sound.

Confusing. Will try them one more time, but that's twice already. Will contact the seller, see what he says.

I'm Stephen.

Golden Gate DSD version sounding fine today at HiFi Live. Was running with a KR 300B output tube.

Thanks

Steve

I'm Justin.

Zooming in on that pic they are actually running Psvane WE 101D replicas and a EML 274B rectifier, Steve, I think. Not sure that's what you heard, though.

Anyway glad it sounded good. The hORNS speakers, the box ones at any rate, I like. The actual odd looking horns of theirs I'm not so keen on.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Zooming in on that pic they are actually running Psvane WE 101D replicas and a EML 274B rectifier, Steve, I think. Not sure that's what you heard, though.

Anyway glad it sounded good. The hORNS speakers, the box ones at any rate, I like. The actual odd looking horns of theirs I'm not so keen on.
    The show guide lists different valves for the Lamizator for some reason. I quoted from there.

I'm Alan.

Interesting preamp in that picture as well

Hint: begins with a K and ends with an N.

+1 for the hORNS Justin, heard them a number of times now.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Interesting preamp in that picture as well

Hint: begins with a K and ends with an N.

+1 for the hORNS Justin, heard them a number of times now.

Is it a Music First?

I'm Alan.

No it's the first Firebottle KIN

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    No it's the first Firebottle KIN

I was looking on the right hand side, step up transformer. Wow, it was in good company then. Noted the sound in this room was first class.

I'm Norm.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    They "looked" as NOS as hell. The boxes look very old but the cardboard condition is otherwise fine. The protective paper/cardboard inside looked like the valves had hardly, if ever been taken out, but they had been, as they had the seller's measurement stickers on.

Ran them in the 45/101D switch position. Filaments emit a normal glow, even with the recent rapid deterioration in sound.

Confusing. Will try them one more time, but that's twice already. Will contact the seller, see what he says.
    Any update?

I'm Justin.

No not yet Norman. I'll e-mail the seller now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast