+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Lampizator Level 7

I'm Justin.

The seller did get back, but I think the valves are actually OK. Pretty sure it was just distortion in some Maurizio Belladonna source material that led me to the conclusion. Cross comparing with other valves and they all present the persistent sound in the track with the same odd sounding distortion.

It's a bit like listening to Etherwood by Etherwood. There's distortion running through that, too, and if your not aware it is present in the source, you question your kit.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    I was looking on the right hand side, step up transformer. Wow, it was in good company then. Noted the sound in this room was first class.
    Kindig it!!!

Not quite up to the cars looks wise, though. That is, if you can take American bling.

I'm Norm.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    The seller did get back, but I think the valves are actually OK. Pretty sure it was just distortion in some Maurizio Belladonna source material that led me to the conclusion. Cross comparing with other valves and they all present the persistent sound in the track with the same odd sounding distortion.

It's a bit like listening to Etherwood by Etherwood. There's distortion running through that, too, and if your not aware it is present in the source, you question your kit.
    So, how do you rate the SQ of those tubes?

I'm Justin.

I tried running them on high heater yesterday deliberately for a short period. It is quite apparent that distortion increases in this inappropriate mode, so that's another reason they can sound distorted and I have to fess up I may have done that for a while too.

As described earlier, really. Maybe they'd get a high Lucasz rating as they knock out quite a spacious soundstage. He claims Lampizator DACs are priced to that criterion i.e. the better they are at 3Dness, the more the DACs cost. TBH though the degree of 3Dness does seem to be quite triode type related too.

It's a cheap tube and displays a different set of characteristics like they all do, Norman. See if you like them.

I'm gone.

Justin! - clear some space in your PM inbox, laddie.

I'm Justin.

Jobest doneth.

I'm Justin.

This thread is truly insane, with some of the best triodes on the planet being described/used. WE, Takatsuki, EML, KR, ELROG (dodgy?) etc etc.

As always the results will vary depending on tastes, system components etc so a lot of it should be read with this fact in mind.

I'm enjoying Tom's (Montesquieu's) TJ 2A3s at the moment, which have an amazingly open mid range with oodles of detail and an expansive soundstage. Bass is not the best, but the mid range is fantastically enjoyable. Not bad for £95.

Quite fancy some KR PX04 - a UX4 base PX4. Expensive, though. Just lust I doubt I'll go for them.

It is pretty obvious from the link that this DAC turns people into triode/rectifier junkies.

I'm Justin.

Ordered some KR PX4s, but with a specified by me UX4 base, for an Xmas treat... not a standard base for a PX4, but KR will do it. Nice.

Impressions to follow. Might be a week or two yet, though.

I'm Justin.

50,000 hits? Not AoSers I'm sure.

Anyway, got them today. They're definitely sounding very nice from the box. More impressions later.

I'm Stephen.

You must have quite a collection now of different valve options.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast