+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The best or good SCART cable please

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Thanks Martin.

I now have a big flat Panasonic which takes everything there is. SCART, HDMI, PC and others.
    Used various SCART from Tivo to TV. Russ Andrews usually the best result.
    The HDMI direct from the HD Freeview box is very csharp indeed

Mike
    I have one of those qed scarts , your welcome to it? Edit,I can't find it
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 15-05-2017 at 07:18.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Mike.

No problem. I have plenty of good ones, think also a QED.

On looking closely I am using a Kimber from Freeview to Tivo and one of Stan's inventions from Tivo to TV.
    All work well, but put in the shade by the HDMI from the (HD) Freeview output
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Martin.

Well yes my use for Scart has diminished but I still run older games consoles into scart switch boxes Thor and One for all with remote control. I was particularly interested in getting the longer QED leads 3m and 5m as I dont know my future plans for where the console racks are to be placed.

I dont notice any problems from running them through a switching unit

Some units might be eligible for HDMI conversion but I do like having a few quality scart leads in my spares box. The QED does the main duty into the tv and they are lovely looking cables.

Cheers
    Martin
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 19-05-2017 at 02:30.

I'm Mike.

Surprising. Would think a switching unit would drop the quality.
    Fortunately I don't need one !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Neil.

Ixos made some nice scarts as well. I thought both QED and IXOS about on a par. Have a few kicking around and still use some from the video recorders I still use from time to time.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Surprising. Would think a switching unit would drop the quality.
    Fortunately I don't need one !
    Yes anything that runs though connectors and internal links to another connector is not going to improve matters. I have however been pleased with the resulting picture and nothing has disappointed me as being too lossy or inferior.

AB demos is not what this is about with scart and I certainly dont want to be plugging cables in everytime I want a different unit connected. There will be some level of degradation but I choose convenience. I could choose to change the leads for a straight path if it bothered me. It doesnt so its all good

I would rather not have to use switching units but what can I do when I have lots of equipment

After the kit shuffle I need a 2 metre SCART

All my good ones are .5 metre

What good makes are there please ? (that I can likely pick up dead cheap on Ebay !)

Can be RGB only
    The best SCART cable is the Thor. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...cable&_sacat=0
    I know that, because I designed it myself and won a What HiFi award for it as well.

I'm Mike.

I have one running from Tivo to TV.
    Great quality at a silly, low price

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345