+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The best or good SCART cable please

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Tivo only has SCART out and the TV has 3 SCARTs in and a 2 RCAs. Thought component was 3 ?
    Will find out more but is it worth doing SCART - component anyway ?
    component is three: Red lead Green lead & Blue lead + a pair for L+R sound leads

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wiicrackpot View Post
    Shame, sure something would turn up soon, anyway, we're coming into good weather therefore cycling zone,
    you'll not be in front of the telly as you put in the miles, happy Giro viewing btw.
    It did. One of them Scottish Mafia types

I cycle all the time. It's just a lot more enjoyable in daylight, sensible temperatures and not via The Thames !
    As from next week we have Fibre broadband so maybe me and the Giro can be together again streaming Eurosport !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm andy.

It did. One of them Scottish Mafia types

I cycle all the time. It's just a lot more enjoyable in daylight, sensible temperatures and not via The Thames !
    As from next week we have Fibre broadband so maybe me and the Giro can be together again streaming Eurosport !
    Good show, we're no so bad up here.

High speed B/band and streaming eh....i've still to make do with highlights.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mike.

Good show, we're no so bad up here.

High speed B/band and streaming eh....i've still to make do with highlights.
    I confess to having a number of Scottish types as, dare I say it (quietly) ......... friends

My next move assuming all of this works is to convert magic broadband signal via something to my CRT TV with Scart inputs.
    If only Eurosport would birng back analogue satellite

Hang on. Who's doing highlights of the Giro ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm andy.

Hang on. Who's doing highlights of the Giro ?
    Sorry Mike, caught some action at my pals and thought we were getting in ITV4 as well, tried in vain at home but no joy,
    think he gets it in his BB/Homephone/TV package.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mike.

Sorry Mike, caught some action at my pals and thought we were getting in ITV4 as well, tried in vain at home but no joy,
    think he gets it in his BB/Homephone/TV package.
    I read somewhere that ITV4 had rights to all sorts of coverage either live or later same day, but all we get are the odd classics, weeks late chopped up so badly for the highlights it's difficult to work out what's going on.

BT coming tomorrow and broadband that is faster than a dial up modem - it says 'ere
    Might get bits of the Giro, but certainly Le Tour !

Mike

I'm andy.

I read somewhere that ITV4 had rights to all sorts of coverage either live or later same day, but all we get are the odd classics, weeks late chopped up so badly for the highlights it's difficult to work out what's going on.

BT coming tomorrow and broadband that is faster than a dial up modem - it says 'ere
    Might get bits of the Giro, but certainly Le Tour !
    Mike, we don't know where we are with coverage at all, i'd liked to have some coverage of the Giro, even condensed to a one hour on Sunday or something,
    some say the Giro is more for the purists compared to TDF.

Congrats on your impending super duper BT package, i am with them for B/band but can't justify as i live alone and out at work most of the day so won't use it to the full,
    i think they will have coverage of the Giro on BT Sport.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    As far as I am concerned the best SCART leads ever were the Thor SCART leads. I designed them myself and won a couple of awards for their design. And the company I worked for sold millions SCART leads designed by me all over the world. My designs were frequently copied by competitors.
    There is a used 3m on sale at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thor-3m-pr...item2a3c4ebce3
    Very interesting Stan a few of these designs around am sure.

Where are the flame wars about which SCART lead has better A/V quality by the way? I certainly trust my eyes more than my ears!
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

I think QED made the best Scart leads. The blue outers as pictured earlier in the thread I have always been very impressed with the picture quality and the build quality is superb. I dont think you will find a more satisfying connector in the way they fit very nicely and securely

Im well stocked on them 2110 4110. I have 0.5m, 1m, 3m and 5m...some Visual only leads. They were £60+ rrp so nows the time to buy them Heaven knows what the RRP on the 5m one was!....... I bought them cheap as chips when people changed to HDMI. Obviously the demand is not really there now

The flat cable ones seem a downgrade and dont do it for me ( I have one in my spares box).... not as easy to route and a bit awkward IMO.

Only recently have I been sorting out my HDMI needs and may need a new flatscreen or switchbox.

Cheers
    Martin
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 14-05-2017 at 19:11.

I'm Mike.

Thanks Martin.

I now have a big flat Panasonic which takes everything there is. SCART, HDMI, PC and others.
    Used various SCART from Tivo to TV. Russ Andrews usually the best result.
    The HDMI direct from the HD Freeview box is very csharp indeed

Mike

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast