+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nice alternative to the stock lid.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by camtwister View Post
    It is.
    "Space", Ibiza.
    One of the true global dance venues.

And, lurching back towards the topic, they use a lot of Decksaver covers.
    so they can take some use then ....
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Rockabilly.

Well, yes, but I doubt a Decksaver will be of the mass and durability of the 'iconic-audio' item of the OP.
    Part of the Decksaver's appeal to the club/DJ user is its low profile and mass compared to the original lid and also because it remains in place by an interference fit with the chassis. That is, it doesn't require hinges to stay in situ when your moving the decks around your venue or indeed moving decks between venues.
    For domesticated 1200/1210s that enjoy pampered lives, the heavy weight, tall, rigid acrylic cover appears to be ideal.
    For working spinners that spend their lives nightclubbing, and for which the original hinged lid is a hindrance, the polycarbonate Decksaver would be more suitable.
    Last edited by camtwister; 09-05-2014 at 21:38.
    Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Streaming Qobuz : BluOS & Node2 (Fidelity Audio modified) : RME ADI-2 DAC
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage
    Power Amps PrimaLuna ProLogue 5 (KT120) : PrimaLuna ProLogue 4 (KT77)
    Speakers The Edingdale : Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by camtwister View Post
    Well, yes, but I doubt a Decksaver will be of the mass and durability of the 'iconic-audio' item of the OP.
    Part of the Decksaver's appeal to the club/DJ user is its low profile and mass compared to the original lid and also because it remains in place by an interference fit with the chassis. That is, it doesn't require hinges to stay in situ when your moving the decks around your venue or indeed moving decks between venues.
    For domesticated 1200/1210s that enjoy pampered lives, the heavy weight, tall, rigid acrylic cover appears to be ideal.
    For working spinners that spend their lives nightclubbing, and for which the original hinged lid is a hindrance, the polycarbonate Decksaver would be more suitable.
    Thanks. I'm in no rush. Will postpone that decision for a while
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Samu.

Default Iconic-Audio lid

I must give credit to the before mentioned lid from Iconic-Audio.
    The lid is really clear, no flaws and looks stunning IMHO. I added my own silicone feet to make room for the tonearmcable and the antiskate hanger.
    I´m more than happy I chose this.

TechieSRv1.0-IconiAudiolid01.jpg

TechieSRv1.0-IconiAudiolid02.jpg

I'm Andy.

Ordered!!

My old one was scratched, and I really didn't want to put the hinges back on.

Any excuse I guess!

A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123