+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Right One Record Cleaning fluid

I'm Andy.

How many record sides roughly will the fluid clean Paul?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Gone.

Hi Andy,

Sorry I did not see this, I'm subsribed to the thread but did not get a notification. The answer is it all depends on how much you use on a record and what method you use. With a vacuum RCM 500ml has cleaned about 60 records, but for really dirty ones maybe 40 and of course hand cleaning is more variable.

I'm Sean.

Hi Paul

I am about half way through my supply of The Right One fluid and thought it was long past high time I asked you for your recommended technique! I don't have a record cleaning machine - I just use the little spreader brush you supplied and a microfibre cloth. I get variable results and figure I must be doing something wrong sometimes.

Assume I have used a carbon fibre brush to get all the dust off a disc, how do I then go about thoroughly cleaning it with your fluid? Do I soak the vinyl and leave it for a while? Or do I use a tiny amount of fluid and dry it off right away? Should I expect to hear bad crackling after cleaning and just expect my stylus to clear out the grooves over 2 or 3 plays? Or is that a sign I am cleaning incorrectly?

All advice gratefully received.
    Sean

I'm Gone.

Hi Sean

Coat the record evenly so it's wet but not flooded. Leave for 20-30 seconds, dry with the microfibre cloth. It's good but will be better with an RCM. You will remove a lot of the crackle if it's from dirt, but not if it's from damage to the groove

Cheers

I'm Sean.

Thanks Paul. I'll give that a go.
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12