+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the worst sounding CD/vinyl you ever bought?

I'm Dave.

I think Van Halen Live on CD was so bright it was like chalk on a blackboard.

I'm Neil.

Led Zeppelin CDs are terrible. One band where vinyl copies are a must.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Josie.

Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X

The high hats are flat as a fart... should be 'Tisk' but more like 'phht'
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Kevin.

A blue marbled vinyl copy of "The Division Bell". American in origin I believe.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    A blue marbled vinyl copy of "The Division Bell". American in origin I believe.
    Have a red one..would be as well listening to missus frying some eggs..
    John.

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

One that comes to mind is the original CD of Kate Bush's The Red Shoes - just sounds so flat and boring sonically. Sounds better off youtube or soundcloud.

It might be part of the same reason Kate Bush did the Director's Cut album, re-recording tracks from that album and another, her reason being that she wasn't happy with the early digital sound in retrospect and wanted to correct that, was never happy.

I'm Andy.

For me the worst SQ bit of vinyl I have is U2 Joshua Tree a re-issue version on 180g (bought for me by the GF) of course I said I loved it
    Absolutely abysmal pressing. Really unlistenable
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    For me the worst SQ bit of vinyl I have is U2 Joshua Tree a re-issue version on 180g (bought for me by the GF) of course I said I loved it
    Absolutely abysmal pressing. Really unlistenable
    I have that...my copy sounds not too bad but it's very heavy on the bass..my TV unit was buzzing next to the speaker. I'm led to believe there are no good pressings of this LP..the remastered CD doesn't sound all that different to my missus original. There were a lot of problems with the double LP reish and I was lucky that mine is flat, quiet and free of ticks n pops appart for side four where in the last 5 seconds there is a horrible scraping noise.
    John.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    I have that...my copy sounds not too bad but it's very heavy on the bass..my TV unit was buzzing next to the speaker. I'm led to believe there are no good pressings of this LP..the remastered CD doesn't sound all that different to my missus original. There were a lot of problems with the double LP reish and I was lucky that mine is flat, quiet and free of ticks n pops appart for side four where in the last 5 seconds there is a horrible scraping noise.
    Hi John

I just presumed I had a crap pressing, should get a listen to another version really.

Andy
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Led Zeppelin CDs are terrible. One band where vinyl copies are a must.
    I have to disagree. The remasters from over twenty years ago were very good and purely show up the recordings IMO. The about to be released first three albums should be interesting, especially the alternative take or mix of Whole Lotta Love, which totally lacks the bass distortion/enhancements of the final released version.

The worst LP that sticks in my mind is the 1976 Manticore release of Trilogy by ELP. The Island original and CD issues are so much better it's ridiculous!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast