Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Slic Innovations Eclipse C Interconnect Cable

I'm Mark.

would you expect anything less?

I'm Alan.

Trying to talk about the cable I remembered that Frank spoke of taking it to a Bakeoff

I took it all to a bakeoff last weekend and it saw off a system costing considerably more with some famous names on the fronts. I seem to recall in my previous tome about this cable that I would equate going from a £1k amp to a £3k amp because the amp hierarchy has to contend with the laws of diminishing returns, but I don't see this cable being saddled with that problem
    From this post

If any of those present at the Bakeoff are members perhaps they can make comment here ABOUT THE CABLE

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

It's just a thread asking for people's views on the SLIC !

It's not a review thread, it's a "let's talk about what the cable sounds like compared to people's other cables" thread (as Bev stated early on, if not in the OP (too lazy to go back to check). Then Bev said she'd give her opinion's too when they're more solidly formed - are opinions reviews? I don't think so..

Just waiting for those who have it to appear and comment. So best get out the popcorn!

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Bev the fact you are up, listening to music at this time suggests that the sound you are getting is addictive
    What the hell else do people do at that time of night?!

Huh? "Sleep" you say? Wierdo..

2am is the best time to listen IMHO, well late night anyway.. Tues - Thurs is normally taken up with Radio 3's Late Junction from 11pm-12.30am anyway which just gets you in the mood to find some equally tasty sounds.

I'm Josie.

lol.. well spending £500 on a interconnect would certainly keep me awake
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by nat8808 View Post
    It's just a thread asking for people's views on the SLIC !

It's not a review thread, it's a "let's talk about what the cable sounds like compared to people's other cables" thread (as Bev stated early on, if not in the OP (too lazy to go back to check). Then Bev said she'd give her opinion's too when they're more solidly formed - are opinions reviews? I don't think so..

Just waiting for those who have it to appear and comment. So best get out the popcorn!
    I'm curious, if a review is not someone's opinion of how something sounds, then what is it?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I purchased the new SLIC interconnect and it's been in the system for a while now. I have it on a 30 day trial which gives me plenty of time to try it out against my previous cable and another cable a dealer has sent me to try
    Bev, could you please let us know what your previous cable is and what the other new cable you are demoing it against?
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I had made a couple of comments about the SLIC cable on another thread but this is my latest thoughts:

I did describe the SLIC as "smooth" but I would like to change that to the cable being effortless.... now I am no expert when trying to convey what I hear but I think "effortless" is a good start

It is also quite an addictive listen

It may not necessarily be the most revealing or resolving of cables but it does have a naturalness that other cables maybe do not have

I will update as things go along and my final decision whether I keep the cable or not will also be revealed

Another Slic user surfaces. I have the balanced version;-

My observations are slightly different Bev. I am finding time and time again that detail is being revealed that I have never heard before. So my opinion is that they are exceptionally detailed.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    Another Slic user surfaces. I have the balanced version;-
    My observations are slightly different Bev. I am finding time and time again that detail is being revealed that I have never heard before. So my opinion is that they are exceptionally detailed.
    Hi Stephen
    I'm glad you are enjoying your new SLIC... can you remind us what cables they are replacing?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Stephen.

They are up against stiff competition in the form of Nordost Valhalla. Several times the cost of SLIC Eclipse!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast