Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slic Innovations Eclipse C Interconnect Cable

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Slic Innovations Eclipse C Interconnect Cable

Well here we go..... remember be nice to each other

I purchased the new SLIC interconnect and it's been in the system for a while now. I have it on a 30 day trial which gives me plenty of time to try it out against my previous cable and another cable a dealer has sent me to try

I am not one that makes instant decisions about any hifi component and the SLIC cable is the same

I would like to hear from people that have also purchased the SLIC cable and let me know what they think of it against their current cable, and to also let us know what their current cable is

I will refrain from giving my final decision until I have made it, and I haven't at the moment decided

Thanks to you all
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Come on people, don't be shy now
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Michael.

I've ordered a couple of pairs so when they get here I'll post some thoughts. Hopefully this thread can just about about the product (whether good or bad) and not about personalities like the last one.
    Vinyl: Pro-Ject Xpression MkII + Speedbox MKII + Goldring 1042MM
    CD: Cambridge Audio 851C
    Network: Bluesound Node 2
    Amps: Musical Fidelity A5CR Pre / Power (JS Audio full upgrade)
    Speakers: Harbeth Monitor 30.1
    Cabling: Tellurium Q Black Diamond / Studio Connections Black Star / Graditech Kide Digital
    Mains: James Audio MK7 Power Conditioner, Studio Connections Black Star, Synergistic Research Orange fuses
    Support: Creaktiv Rack, Hi-Fi Racks 30.1, Black Ravioli

Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    I've ordered a couple of pairs so when they get here I'll post some thoughts. Hopefully this thread can just about about the product (whether good or bad) and not about personalities like the last one.
    Here here... Michael. Lets hope that on this thread everyone is nice to each other and just talk about the cable, good or bad...
    Bev

I had made a couple of comments about the SLIC cable on another thread but this is my latest thoughts:

I did describe the SLIC as "smooth" but I would like to change that to the cable being effortless.... now I am no expert when trying to convey what I hear but I think "effortless" is a good start

It is also quite an addictive listen

It may not necessarily be the most revealing or resolving of cables but it does have a naturalness that other cables maybe do not have

I will update as things go along and my final decision whether I keep the cable or not will also be revealed

Bev

I'm Gone.

Bev the fact you are up, listening to music at this time suggests that the sound you are getting is addictive

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Bev the fact you are up, listening to music at this time suggests that the sound you are getting is addictive
    Hi Paul
    There might well be a lot of truth in that statement...
    Bev

I'm Kevin.

I'm interested to find out how it compares to other cables that people are familiar with.
    Any chance of some comparative reviews?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm ChrisB.

I'm a bit confused Bev.
    Is this a review thread? If so, it needs to be in 'Strokes of Genius'.
    Trouble is that you've already said that you're not going to give your review until the end.
    So, it's a review thread without a review. How does that work then?
    Why not just start it when you're ready to tell what you think?

....or have I misunderstood you?

I'm Alan.

So far this thread has not been about the cable except for possibly one post only #5, the rest is about people.
    Last edited by AlanS; 30-04-2014 at 09:12.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast