+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Buy Pink Floyd

no relevance to this thread i know, but i'm very friendly with an original floyd member ( before they made it ) a guy called chris dennis, he sang and played guitar alongside waters, mason and wright, Really nice guy and have sat for hours listening to his stories about jamming with hendrix in a dressing room. A pleasure to know him, Lives 5 minutes away from me
    My system

Marantz SA7001 SACD Player - casing with dynamat , Rega P2 Turntable - RB250 Arm, Denon DL110 Cart , Marantz PM7001 Amp , Cambridge Audio 640p phono stage , Cambridge Audio Dacmagic , Musical Fidelity X-CAN V2 Head amp , Monitor audio GS10 Speakers , Atacama Nexus 5 stands , Alphason rack , Mogami interconnects with Eichmann bullets , QED Silver XT Bi-wire , Sennheiser HD600 Cans + Grado SR60 Cans

I'm Nick.

Nice one, Barty! I've come across him in some of the early Floyd biogs. So he lives out in Anglesey now? That part of the Pink Floyd story hasn't really been told in any detail before so his stories must be especially interesting...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

he has given me a picture of hendrix which he took in 1965 at a gig he was playing at, he has since sold the copyright for it in london for a stupid amount of money
    My system

Marantz SA7001 SACD Player - casing with dynamat , Rega P2 Turntable - RB250 Arm, Denon DL110 Cart , Marantz PM7001 Amp , Cambridge Audio 640p phono stage , Cambridge Audio Dacmagic , Musical Fidelity X-CAN V2 Head amp , Monitor audio GS10 Speakers , Atacama Nexus 5 stands , Alphason rack , Mogami interconnects with Eichmann bullets , QED Silver XT Bi-wire , Sennheiser HD600 Cans + Grado SR60 Cans

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Got to disagree about Roger Waters on his own. Amused to Death is one of my favourite albums.
    I think you misunderstood me. I meant Floyd sans Waters, to me seemed to be just regurgitating the same old stuff. Yes, 'Amused to Death' is also one of my favourite records.

Also 'In the Flesh' - a live recording of Waters doing Floyd numbers and pieces off his solo: 'The Pros and Cons of Hitchiking'. Well worth hearing.

Regards
    Barry

I'm Jerry.

Sorry I mis-read that Barry.
    Off to see Australian Pink Floyd at the end of the month. I have been told their show is a good 'un.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Lee.

Well, I've had the Echoes collection on in the car for a week and I scribbled a note detailing which album each track was from.

It turns out that I like the Floyd signature sound the most; the period from Meddle through to The Wall. The rather dated drum sound on the tracks from AMLOR ruins it a bit for me. The Division Bell is ok.

The earlier stuff, the stuff that I've heard the least of, is quite quirky, having a charming naivety to it. It reminds me of the Lennon tracks from '67-'68. There's something very 'English' about them.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    The earlier stuff, the stuff that I've heard the least of, is quite quirky, having a charming naivety to it. It reminds me of the Lennon tracks from '67-'68. There's something very 'English' about them.
    Try these for size - none of them are on the Echoes album & I don't think they're quirky, naive or particularly English sounding (but of course I know exactly what you mean)..................

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12