+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This made a difference!

I'm Craig.

Default This made a difference!

So, picture my listening room.....about 20'x10' ish.....audio housed in some Ikea things...TV directly above...Ushers either side approx 6 or 7' apart, with nothing to the right on the back wall, but a Next display unit, the sort that is made up to have 9 'boxes ' to display stuff on to the left of the left speaker.

So the other day I decide to swap some things around, but leave the Hifi where it was, but outed the Next piece of furniture, to find that by doing so, it improved the sound of the kit, everything sounded a bit more 'open' and had a touch more definition.

The wife couldn't hear any difference and said I was gay.

Anyone else find moving some furniture yielded an improvement.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Alan.

'The wife couldn't hear any difference and said I was gay.'

That's given me a good laugh on a wet evening, magic.

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

If the wife couldn't hear it, then you're deluded sir Ladeez' hearing is shedloads better than ours (most men are tone deaf too) and if she couldn't tell a difference, it's likely there isn't one

Seriously, shelving units can and do resonate, but can also help break up reflections in a room, so anything's possible
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    If the wife couldn't hear it, then you're deluded sir Ladeez' hearing is shedloads better than ours (most men are tone deaf too) and if she couldn't tell a difference, it's likely there isn't one

Seriously, shelving units can and do resonate, but can also help break up reflections in a room, so anything's possible
    Please take into consideration that this is from a woman who claims her Amstrad stack from the 80's is better than my system now.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Please take into consideration that this is from a woman who claims her Amstrad stack from the 80's is better than my system now.
    Well it probably is. We all know its just snobbery that makes us think that anything touched by Sugar was utter crap

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    'The wife couldn't hear any difference and said I was gay.'

That's given me a good laugh on a wet evening, magic.

Alan

x31 made me chuckle also- glad it worked out.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Well it probably is. We all know its just snobbery that makes us think that anything touched by Sugar was utter crap
    I'm trying hard to think of an Amstrad product I had any respect for.................Nope, not working!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm trying hard to think of an Amstrad product I had any respect for.................Nope, not working!
    There's a wonderful pair of Amstrad tower speakers going on eBay. The boxes are admittedly falling apart but there are four people out there who obviously appreciate quality. When I looked the bidding was up to £8 - might even make double figures

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Word Processor? CPC was ok at the time for some games and Im sure my uncles PC was an Amstrad running GEM OS with Marble Madness a good game!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    What if she's right?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast