+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimi Hendrix UHQR - Analogue Productions

I'm Josie.

Default Jimi Hendrix UHQR - Analogue Productions

Hi all.

Something I forgot to post about.

A few months ago I got this through. It's the UHQR version of Axis Bold as Love.

The sound is totally stunning. The quality of the vinyl is awesome and the packaging is really nice indeed.

Unfortunately I missed the boat on the mono version. But then again I've always known the stereo version so it's not a big deal.

The sound is so well balanced unlike the previous legacy pressing I have. Although the bass on the previous version has more bass at first in comparison it sounds too boomy and over delivered.

The UHQR on the other hand is utterly stunning.

The air around the drums especially is so cohesive. It's like they are standing right in front of you.

From EXP it's instantly noticeable that something is really special with this pressing. The swirling panning/flanging effects is really nice indeed.

What I like about this pressing is the very fine tape hiss which isn't in any way imposing and it gives you a sense of authentication and that it's not been processed to death. It gives music depth and feeling and removes the clinical signature of some recordings.

The vinyl if you don't already know is totally flat... That is it doesn't taper out towards the edge of the record. I really wish all records were pressed like this.

The packaging is very nice too. Its reminiscent of the old 78 collection cases they had back in the 30s. Its sturdy and solid and by no means flimsy.

Some nice little things are included inside too like a photo book of the band together with some information of the recording.

Also included is a leaflet of the pressing process as well as certification leaflet and a 'next on press' note leaflet which is Jethro Tulls Aqualung.

In all its a lovely thing and well worth the outlay. Unfortunately the flippers now have this and are demanding prices well above the original price.

The mono versions have been seen to go for up to £1000+ probably due to the low number stampers most probably.

There is one thing I do have to say about Analogue Productions... Their customer service for me was abysmal. The website doesn't give you the price of delivery until you pay for the product which is totally crazy for this day and age.

I sent so many emails to them, each time I got nothing back and had to give them negative feedback on their Facebook page to get anything back and even then they didn't live to there promises in regards to sorting it out for me... So beware.

Anyway... All is good now. But I doubt I would order from them again unless there is something I want which would be worth having a fight over.

If you like Axis then this is well worth a listen. If you can get hold of one of these even at a reasonably inflated price I'd highly recommend you doing so.

Jo

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 26-06-2019 at 14:55.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Wayne.

I had ordered this from Acoustic Sounds what seems like an age ago (two years). In the meantime my credit card expired and they without my knowledge tried and failed to take payment, and as a result then promptly cancelled my order.

The price has now more or less doubled for the stereo version

So its great to read you're pleased with it but it hasn't abated my general feeling of frustration sadly!

I'm Josie.

That's a real shame... I rest my case with them though. They simply never let me know what was going on.

Great products but very shoddy service.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Wayne.

Got one!

I'm Russell.

This is all news to me! I’ve got the 180g vinyl version that came out what seems like 6 or 8 years ago? And I thought it was like magic. So your review of the difference has my interests! But I sure don’t feel like fighting with an online company to own a copy. Tell me, all said and done what did it cost you? Postage included.

And as it turns out, Aqualung is an album that I have never repurchased. I’m still playing the slightly warped version I bought in the 70’s. So, I await that release with anticipation.

Russell

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    Got one!
    Hey... Cool. Let us know what you think.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    This is all news to me! I’ve got the 180g vinyl version that came out what seems like 6 or 8 years ago? And I thought it was like magic. So your review of the difference has my interests! But I sure don’t feel like fighting with an online company to own a copy. Tell me, all said and done what did it cost you? Postage included.

And as it turns out, Aqualung is an album that I have never repurchased. I’m still playing the slightly warped version I bought in the 70’s. So, I await that release with anticipation.

Russell
    Hi.

I think I payed around £100 all together.

Just had a check and its now creeping up to £200 for the stereo version. Even higher for a low number. Mine isn't that low but I don't care about that. The quality is simply amazing all round.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi.

I think I payed around £100 all together.

Just had a check and its now creeping up to £200 for the stereo version. Even higher for a low number. Mine isn't that low but I don't care about that. The quality is simply amazing all round.

Wow that’s high! Perhaps once they’ve been around for a while the demand will fall off? I’d pay 100, maybe, but that’s a lot for a single recording. 200 is over my head, I’ll have to wait and keep my eyes on them, see if it doesn’t come down.

Russell

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Wow that’s high! Perhaps once they’ve been around for a while the demand will fall off? I’d pay 100, maybe, but that’s a lot for a single recording. 200 is over my head, I’ll have to wait and keep my eyes on them, see if it doesn’t come down.

Russell
    It will come down in price so don't worry.

I've seen them for £150ish so that's good to see.

The mono version however will demand a higher price for longer I'd imagine.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    It will come down in price so don't worry.

I've seen them for £150ish so that's good to see.

The mono version however will demand a higher price for longer I'd imagine.

I suppose once supply and demand equal out, the price will reach its low point. But still, a £100 for one record is a lot! Even those 45rpm double albums were selling for £50. But for a record like Hendrix or Aqualung, I’d get enough use to justify the price! Both of those albums are still in my regular rotation.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast