+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Set the controls for the heart of the sun....

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    What a well considered system Michael. Nice to see a pair of Electa Amators...along with The Extremas and Guarneri, they're amongst my favourite SF's. I'll bet they work well driven by the S5CR.
    Yeah, the A5's have plenty of power which probably suits the Amators. Surprisingly good bass for a standmount speaker. My only regret is that I cant have them further away from the rear walls due to space. However there is NO sense of booming bass which is lucky probably due to the A5's lower end grip.
    Vinyl: Pro-Ject Xpression MkII + Speedbox MKII + Goldring 1042MM
    CD: Cambridge Audio 851C
    Network: Bluesound Node 2
    Amps: Musical Fidelity A5CR Pre / Power (JS Audio full upgrade)
    Speakers: Harbeth Monitor 30.1
    Cabling: Tellurium Q Black Diamond / Studio Connections Black Star / Graditech Kide Digital
    Mains: James Audio MK7 Power Conditioner, Studio Connections Black Star, Synergistic Research Orange fuses
    Support: Creaktiv Rack, Hi-Fi Racks 30.1, Black Ravioli

I'm Mark.

Yes they are a thirsty load ! The reality is that the more space you can give them the more you get from them which is a challenge in a small room but still worth experimenting with. Toe in and height play there part too ! Try and.get hold of the Sheffield Labs test disc it's really useful for getting the best out of speakers especially in small rooms where the manufacturers ideal placement is not possible !
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    Yes they are a thirsty load ! The reality is that the more space you can give them the more you get from them which is a challenge in a small room but still worth experimenting with. Toe in and height play there part too ! Try and.get hold of the Sheffield Labs test disc it's really useful for getting the best out of speakers especially in small rooms where the manufacturers ideal placement is not possible !
    Thanks for the tip!

I've now got hold of one of the Sheffield Lab discs. Couple of good tests for stereo placement. There's some good ones of the Stereophile and Chesky discs too.
    Cabling: Tellurium Q Black Diamond / Studio Connections Black Star / Graditech Kide Digital
    Mains: James Audio MK7 Power Conditioner, Studio Connections Black Star, Synergistic Research Orange fuses

I'm James.

What power socket and leads have you got?

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by selby View Post
    What power socket and leads have you got?
    It's all in the signature my friend.
    Last edited by choirboy; 22-04-2014 at 14:16.

I'm James.

Sorry.

I was looking on TapaTalk and signatures don't show up. Lovely setup, very clean, simple and well put together.

I'm Michael.

I've ordered a couple of pairs of Slic Innovations Eclipse C Interconnects.
    I'll add my thoughts here seeing as the other thread has been closed.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    I've ordered a couple of pairs of Slic Innovations Eclipse C Interconnects.
    I'll add my thoughts here seeing as the other thread has been closed.
    I didn't want to post in a commercial thread, and also don't want to tell you what to do, but given that these are £1k, this budget allows you to look into something like a http://www.teddypardo.com/dacs/dacs/teddydac.html representing a serious high end DAC, certainly way beyond what your 840C can do. 14 days sale or return, so something to think about testing to see what makes the difference for you? Just some advice that I think will help you enjoy your music more. :P

What's your reasoning for your equipment spend being so cable-heavy in relation to your turntable & CDP setup? PS am also a fan of the Goldring 1042 I use a similar cart a Reson Reca.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I didn't want to post in a commercial thread, and also don't want to tell you what to do, but given that these are £1k, this budget allows you to look into something like a http://www.teddypardo.com/dacs/dacs/teddydac.html representing a serious high end DAC, certainly way beyond what your 840C can do. 14 days sale or return, so something to think about testing to see what makes the difference for you? Just some advice that I think will help you enjoy your music more. :P

What's your reasoning for your equipment spend being so cable-heavy in relation to your turntable & CDP setup? PS am also a fan of the Goldring 1042 I use a similar cart a Reson Reca.
    To be honest, I don't really use my turntable at all which is why it's quality is the lesser of all the components. Yes I could spend the same amount on a DAC but I don't actually have the shelf space and was thinking about upgrading to the 851C at some stage anyway so its not for me presently.

I know what you're saying but I really wanted to try these cables after the rave reviews. That's it really.
    Last edited by choirboy; 30-04-2014 at 12:16.

I'm Michael.

I've added a Cambridge Audio NP30 network streaming player and Topping remote control headphone amp to the system recently.

I have a Cambridge Audio 851C hopefully coming today so the hi fi pic will be updated.

I'm currently experimenting with acrylic shelves in place of the glass ones in my hi fi rack, plus trying to get a definitive set of thoughts together regarding my SLIC interconnects.

As Sandy Denny one sung "Who knows where the time goes?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast