+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with balanced mains transformer selection

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    James can you or anyone else please post a link to where you got your DC blocker from as i'm now fearful that my new transformers gonna be louder than my tunesunless housed in the back room.

I've just spent a fruitless hour surfing and all i can find are expensive Isotek and Isol-8 products.Nothing on Longdogs site.

Thanks in advance
    again you need to ask Lurcher on this forum. Sorry can't help.
    I also had the air link 1500va BPS. It did hum quite a bit but not that bad. But for what they cost it's a must have as far as I'm concerned. To me it transforms the BPS

I'm Martin.

Thanks James,

PM sent to Lurcher

Think i should have bought yours as i've ended up buying the BPS 2000 and ended up paying over 300 for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    again you need to ask Lurcher on this forum. Sorry can't help.
    I also had the air link 1500va BPS. It did hum quite a bit but not that bad. But for what they cost it's a must have as far as I'm concerned. To me it transforms the BPS

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    Thanks James,

PM sent to Lurcher

Think i should have bought yours as i've ended up buying the BPS 2000 and ended up paying over 300 for that
    What a shame. I can still build you one for that price if that helps .

I'm James.

Balanced mains and mains cables and sockets continue to be of real interest to me. Sovereign when do you think your custom one will be built? I was thinking when I eventually get one I'd hide it in a sound proofed cupboard so the hum doesn't annoy me.

I'm James.

No need to put anything in a cupboard. Mine is dead quiet and sits on my hifi rack, I can get one built within couple of weeks.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    What are the differences there Ali?
    More chance of it being quiet I think.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Neil.

Considering that the 2kVA version (http://www.airlinktransformers.com/b...plies/BPS2020/) is rated at 8.6 amps continuous I don't see the need to go higher personally, already seems overkill for the application *unless* you are using big class A amps like a Krell KSA-100.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123